ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa appeal pending,can i apply psw,visa expired

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vkbairi

student visa appeal pending,can i apply psw,visa expired

Post by vkbairi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:40 pm

hi#
I am lot confused and stressed,
student visa extension for MBA topup june 2011,
rejected oct 2011(for english level2 ,they didnt consider my pgdip as level b2)
visa expired sept 2011
first appeal rejected
second appeal allowed and waiting for decision
finshed my MBA,can i apply for PSW?

How can i apply,any chances for rejection?

PSW WORRIES

Re: student visa appeal pending,can i apply psw,visa expired

Post by PSW WORRIES » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:43 pm

vkbairi wrote:hi#
visa expired sept 2011
first appeal rejected

I can count at least three members in almost first the same boat as you. I am number one. In my case, I have till friday to do my appeal and my results for my msc is out and my bank statements are intact.
The implication of you applying for the PSW now is that it will be an out of time application.
You are also not allowed to do a fresh application while on appeal. The appeal needs to be withdrawn or the decision needs to be definite , before you can proceed with the psw.

vkbairi

Post by vkbairi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:09 pm

I didnt get you,appeal need to withdraw???

Yes i can with draw appeal,than cant i apply.
so what is the best way to get PSW now for me?
PSW WORRIES wrote:
vkbairi wrote:hi#
visa expired sept 2011
first appeal rejected

I can count at least three members in almost first the same boat as you. I am number one. In my case, I have till friday to do my appeal and my results for my msc is out and my bank statements are intact.
The implication of you applying for the PSW now is that it will be an out of time application.
You are also not allowed to do a fresh application while on appeal. The appeal needs to be withdrawn or the decision needs to be definite , before you can proceed with the psw.

PSW WORRIES

Post by PSW WORRIES » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

do u plan to see a lawyer?

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:42 am

Are you guys sure that appeal must be withdraw in order to make us able to submit another application????

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:47 am

Jackson25 wrote:Are you guys sure that appeal must be withdraw in order to make us able to submit another application????
Hi, I am also waiting for the decision on my application after enrolling biometrics, can you please tell me what was the issue the ukba had with your maintenance fund? It would help to know the basis for their refusal.
Nefertiiti

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Nefertiiti wrote:
Jackson25 wrote:Are you guys sure that appeal must be withdraw in order to make us able to submit another application????
Hi, I am also waiting for the decision on my application after enrolling biometrics, can you please tell me what was the issue the ukba had with your maintenance fund? It would help to know the basis for their refusal.
Hiya,

I had my money in my account for les than 90 days! that's why they refused my application.

When was the date you have done your biometric?
I heard about my refusal after 2 months of enroling my biometric

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Jackson25 wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:
Hiya,

I had my money in my account for les than 90 days! that's why they refused my application.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about your refusal. Did it take long before you got the decision? I've been waiting for quite a while.
Nefertiiti

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Nefertiiti wrote:
Jackson25 wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:
Hiya,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry about your refusal. Did it take long before you got the decision? I've been waiting for quite a while.

I have done my biometric on 2/12/2011
and after I havent heard nothing untill 09/02/2012 when I get my refusal letter (dated 03/02/2012)

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Wow, 2 whole months!!! That is insane. I submitted in 23rd January and did biometric 5th march. I don't know if mine is taking much longer than usual. Good luck with your appeal.

Jackson25 wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:
Jackson25 wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:
Hiya,

and after I havent heard nothing untill 09/02/2012 when I get my refusal letter (dated 03/02/2012)
Nefertiiti

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Nefertiiti wrote:Wow, 2 whole months!!! That is insane. I submitted in 23rd January and did biometric 5th march. I don't know if mine is taking much longer than usual. Good luck with your appeal.

Jackson25 wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:
Jackson25 wrote:
Hiya,

Dont worry mate, you still have time to hear from H/O.
Thanks

jumpup43
Newly Registered

I applied for TIER 4 (STUDENT VISA) and was denied

Post by jumpup43 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:06 pm

I applied for tier 4 student visa and was denied on the ground of insufficient fund in my account, but I was given the right to appeal? I want to appeal and used d opportunity to raise the fund for 28 days and make a fresh application. Is that possible? I applied 24th Jan,2012 and my VISA expired 27th Jan 2012. I am applying for my wife and myself (£11250 is what I am to have in the account for 28 days) pls what is ur advice?

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Jackson25 wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:
Hiya,

dude,

can you be more specific, the reason i ask is because i have know few who have shown 97 days and 103 days statements ( due to the fact savings a/c statment comes through post once in every 3 months) for which they maintained £ 800 for 90 days as per rule ( few days of that 7 days on addition or 13 days in addition had less than £ 800) Henceforth, they still faced rejection for maintanence of in sufficient funds..

Similarly, i have seen few other case who cleverly applied with 73, and few 81 days of balance of £ 800, but what they did is they picked exact dates (83 days.. from and to..) you know what i mean.. and they had more transactions so it came to 4 and 5 pages for few.. and got away with the psw visa..

the point i am making here, the ukba check your statments carefully and what ever the original statments (received in post) that you're sending no matter 90 or 83 or 74 days , as long as you've maintained £ 800 in all the days from the statement you must get it.. its luck basics though.. fact is stricly 90 days :-) .. but there is a chance to get away with it ( having experienced few cases who got psw)..

want to re confirm, how many days were there in your bank statment presented and is it 90 days or more (savings bank statment comes in 3 months) , if its 90 days + statements did you have any day which shown in the statment less than £ 800 ?