ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching application while papers are still in homeoffice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chat_danielle
Newly Registered

Switching application while papers are still in homeoffice

Post by chat_danielle » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:38 am

Hi there,

I am currently on a PSW visa which expired on december 15th 2012, however, i was able to apply for a tier1 extension at UKBA. I just got the reply on feb 03 and my application was refused but i am able to appeal. Currently all my documents are still on UKBA and is just waiting for an appeal date.

Fortunately i was able to find an employer that will provide me with a CoS so that I can apply for a tier 2 visa.

My question is can i switch application while my papers are in UKBA and only on appeal? Any advice you can give me on how to tackle this situation?

Thank you so much!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Switching application while papers are still in homeoffi

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Yes it is possible by varying your existing undecided application towards tier 2 category for which several informative threads are searchable.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:21 pm

chat_danielle wrote: my application was refused but i am able to appeal.
Cannot vary a decided application. Can choose to make a fresh application within 28 days after 10 working days (245HD), if not appealing.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:34 pm

vinny wrote:
chat_danielle wrote: my application was refused but i am able to appeal.
Cannot vary a decided application. Can choose to make a fresh application within 28 days after 10 working days (245HD), if not appealing.
hello vinny,
If the tier 4 application has been submitted in timely which processed for 5 months but got refused after 5 months. On refusal appeal right given with 10 days deadline to submit it but instead of making appeal fresh application has been submitted on the 9th day since getting the documents back with refusal decision. In this case will the 28 days criteria which you mentioned will apply and does not break the continuity for long residence.