ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which is better: bank statement, bank letter or both?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alex88
Newly Registered
Mood:

Which is better: bank statement, bank letter or both?

Post by Alex88 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:19 am

Hi guys!

I have recently received bank statement from my bank (Barclays), it contains logo, stamp and branch manager's signature on each page (it took lots of time and arguing to get all of them together in one documment :x )

However my final document is still not perfect: the format for the first 2,5 month statement is differ from the last two weeks statement ( manager told me it's impossible to create the statement for the last 2 weeks in the same format as system has not been updated yet). And the second issue my account number is written just as a digit, without mentioning that this is an account number.

Just in case my bank manager wrote me bank letter, which is perfect - it responds all of the UKBA requirments!

So now I have a dilemma, to send just bank letter or to send both bank letter and bank statement. But I could not find this info in guidance, UKBA does not say clearly that you must send only one type of doccument, so I'm confused now.

Hope for your help guys! :D

Benjamin
Newly Registered

Post by Benjamin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:04 pm

If it helps at all, I sent both.

I sent my bank statements covering the 90 day period and a letter which stated how much funds I had in my account covering the same 90 day period.

Alex88
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Alex88 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Benjamin wrote:If it helps at all, I sent both.

I sent my bank statements covering the 90 day period and a letter which stated how much funds I had in my account covering the same 90 day period.
Thanks Benjamin, but what did you tick in application form - bank letter, bank statement or again both of them?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:44 pm

put set1 and set2 in a separate plastic pouch. put the stcky note on the top saying evidence for maintenance.

you are not supposed to send same thing twice, which is essentially what you are doing. but whatever, do like that so its least amount of hassle for caseworker

Alex88
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Alex88 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:02 pm

arsenal49 wrote:put set1 and set2 in a separate plastic pouch. put the stcky note on the top saying evidence for maintenance.

you are not supposed to send same thing twice, which is essentially what you are doing. but whatever, do like that so its least amount of hassle for caseworker
Thank you arsenal, I think i will do the way you recommended