ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for leave to remain as a tier 2(General) migrant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rizwan1111
Newly Registered

Application for leave to remain as a tier 2(General) migrant

Post by rizwan1111 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:38 pm

hi,
I came in uk on 20 march 2011 to till 02 july 2012 as general student than i switch tier 2 but i refused on 22 Oct 2012 .On 12 Febury 2013 until 13 April 2013 i cant find sponser but homeoffice wrote me another leter to give me tim e until 03 may 2013 my solliciter submit application 20 May 2013 .

Gneral ground reasons for refusal.
You have applied for leave to remain in united kingdom under the tier 2(General) category but the secretery of state is satisfied that you have failed to meet the requirement to qualify for a grant of your leave to enter or remain. This is because you have overstayed in uk for a period which is more than 28 days.
you are considered to have overstayed in the united kingdom where you have remained beyond the latest of:

i the time limit attatched to the period of leave granted, or
ii Beyond the period that your leave was extended under section 3C or 3D of the immigration Act 1971, or
iii The date you received a notice of invalidity declaring that an application for leave to remain is not a valid application, provided the application was sum
iii The date you received a notice of invalidity declaring that an application
for leave to remain is not a valid application,provides the applicayion was submitted before the time limit attached to the last period of leave expired . the date of receipt is deemed to be two days after posting excluding non business days.
Your leave to enter as Tier 4 (General) student expired on 02 July 2012 . You submitted a Tier 2 application on 02 july 2012 whaich was refused on Oct 22 2012 you appeal this decision on 12 feb 2013 immigration judge you should be allowed until 13 April 2013 to find a sponsor a submit a new application. you are leave as a tier 4 general student migrant was therefore affectively extended by virtue of section 3C of the immigration act as aminded until 13 april 2013 but you did not submit a valid application for leave to remain until 20 May 2013.
This was more than 28 days after the date your previous leave to enter expire in addition your leave was not extended and under of the other provision listed in immigration.
In the light of this the secretary of state has deemed that refusal is appropriate 245HD(P). You so not , therefore ,meet the requirement specified in the Immigration Rules in order to be granted leave under the Tier 2 (General) categery.

my second question is level 7 is acceptable for switch from the tier 4 (General) student category into Tier 2 of the point based system.
but home office send me a leter :

In view of the rulling of the Asylum & immigration tribunal of 12 Feb 2013, on 13 April 2013. We have been reconsidering your application for further leave to remainunder tier 2. We contacted your representative on 11 march 2013 but have received no answer.
Immigration judge ruled that you should be allowed an opportunity to find another spomsor before a further decision is made on your application.Therefore you had until 13 April 2013 in which to do this.
If you have found another sponsor, Please provide the details including the certificate of sponsorship reference by 03 May 2013.

What i need to do now