ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Error

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Biometric Error

Post by testdriveuser » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Hello,

I recently went for my biometric for my extension at Post Office, after signing on the machine I noticed the sign appear quite different to what i normally do due to the shape of the pen and i asked the person at Post Office that I wanted to re-sign it but she said it is OK and does not matter as we cannot do it multiple times.

Please can someone confirm, if this is something i need to be worried about?

Thanks

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric Error

Post by testdriveuser » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:26 am

Please can anyone assist

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:35 am

If you find a mistake, contact BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk within 10 working days of receiving your permit providing full name, date of birth, nationality, case reference number, contact telephone number and details of what is wrong with BRP.

You can also send details to

Returns Unit
P O Box 163
Bristol BS20 1AB

To be honest, signatures are barely visible clearly on the BRP. So not sure minor changes in the signature on BRP should really be a cause of concern. They already have your biometrics which are unique to every individual so I guess signatures are only supplementary information in addition to biometric details.

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Post by testdriveuser » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:32 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have noticed the issue at the time of submitting my biometric at post office and do not have the BRP yet, so not sure can i report about it.

It's strange that the lady at Post Office didn't provide me with the 2nd option to correct the signature as soon as i lift my pen from the screen to check it she said it's done.

Thanks

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:20 pm

I am sure this won't be much of an issue. Unless you feel that your signature looks WAY different from your usual one in the BRP. In that case, contact the UKVI.

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Post by testdriveuser » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Thank you.

My signature kinda appeared wired because of the shape of the pen and i want to report it to HO but not sure what email address do i contact them, just to be on safe side

Please can you help confirm the email address?

Thank you

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:43 am

lawabidingimmigrant has already given you the email address. He has also mentioned that the signature is hardly dominant on the BRP. In fact you have to peer deeply into it to see any difference from your regular signature. I suggest you wait for your BRP to arrive to take any action. And, please try not to panic :D