ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric letter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Liezelmontero
Newly Registered

Biometric letter

Post by Liezelmontero » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:39 pm

i have applied december 19 via post, received acknowledgement last january 4, im a bit worried because i haven,t received any letter to enroll biometrics, are there delays because of christmas holiday?

confused007
Newly Registered

Post by confused007 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:44 pm

well i also posted my application after applying online on 19th Dec..I havent received any ack...and no biometric letter....

Regards,
Confused....

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 pm

confused007 wrote:well i also posted my application after applying online on 19th Dec..I havent received any ack...and no biometric letter....

Regards,
Confused....
guys you ill get it. no need to worry. give it some time to go because UKBA was holiday for two weeks. so wait for another two weeks to recive the letter.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:27 pm

karthiktr wrote:
confused007 wrote:well i also posted my application after applying online on 19th Dec..I havent received any ack...and no biometric letter....

Regards,
Confused....
guys you ill get it. no need to worry. give it some time to go because UKBA was holiday for two weeks. so wait for another two weeks to recive the letter.
I applied Dec 12... to give you an idea, I will let you know when I get it. I am incredibly anxious about it because I have not been allowed to work since September!!! The faster this nightmare is over, the happier I will be.

I'm thinking they also had a mad rush of Tier 2 applications because of the volume of sponsorships applications they approved during the months of Nov and Dec. Maybe?

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:22 pm

physicskate wrote:
karthiktr wrote:

Regards,
Confused....
I applied Dec 12... to give you an idea, I will let you know when I get it. I am incredibly anxious about it because I have not been allowed to work since September!!! The faster this nightmare is over, the happier I will be.

I'm thinking they also had a mad rush of Tier 2 applications because of the volume of sponsorships applications they approved during the months of Nov and Dec. Maybe?
I too have not received it, submission date 10/12/12, no biometrics yet. :?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Submission date: 12/12/12
Biometrics letter received: 9/1/13 (dated 5/1/13)

Hurray!!!

My employer have been having to pay for a supply teacher (£200 per day) instead of me since September. I CANNOT WAIT!!!! I almost cried when I got this letter today...

confused007
Newly Registered

Post by confused007 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 am

physicskate wrote:Submission date: 12/12/12

Hurray!!!

My employer have been having to pay for a supply teacher (£200 per day) instead of me since September. I CANNOT WAIT!!!! I almost cried when I got this letter today...
congrats...did you apply online?If yes, did you get any ack?

Regards,
Confused.....

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm

confused007 wrote:
physicskate wrote:Submission date: 12/12/12

Hurray!!!

Regards,
Confused.....
I also got it today, applied 10/12, got biometric letter today dated Jan 4. Goodluck to everyone.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 pm

confused007 wrote:

Regards,
Confused.....

I applied visa post. Ack dated 15/12. It is not unusual to NOT receive an ack letter.

confused007
Newly Registered

Post by confused007 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:25 am

Woohoo...
Just received Biometrics letter...Applied online and posted on 19/12/2012...phew...atleast my application went at rightplace..

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:19 am

Oh guys, i didn't realised it takes sooo long..I applied on the 7th of Jan, posted documents on the 8th
I checked the post office website today- it says "as you item has to be redirected there was a considerable delay and it was delivered today"
why did they redirect it and where??
has anyone had anything like that?

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 am

physicskate wrote:
karthiktr wrote:

Regards,
Confused....

are you not allowed to work while your application is being concidered?

confused007
Newly Registered

Post by confused007 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Ann22 wrote:Oh guys, i didn't realised it takes sooo long..I applied on the 7th of Jan, posted documents on the 8th
I checked the post office website today- it says "as you item has to be redirected there was a considerable delay and it was delivered today"
why did they redirect it and where??
has anyone had anything like that?
yes if you applied online and posted to the address on cover letter it gets redirected somewhere...

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:48 am

Ann22 wrote:

The short answer is no. The long answer can be found on my other posts...

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:55 am

physicskate wrote:
Ann22 wrote:

The short answer is no. The long answer can be found on my other posts...
alright, what about here, just at the bottom of the page:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/

"What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. You can continue to work until your case is decided if the conditions of your existing leave allows you to do so."

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 am

Yes but if your existing permission to work is restricted to you working to a specific employer, and your application is to a work for a new employer then you cannot work for the new employer whilst your application is under consideration.

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Greenie wrote:Yes but if your existing permission to work is restricted to you working to a specific employer, and your application is to a work for a new employer then you cannot work for the new employer whilst your application is under consideration.
of course! yes, sorry didn't think of that..