ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in job with another employer while on Tier II ICT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nnidhi
Newly Registered

Change in job with another employer while on Tier II ICT

Post by nnidhi » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi All,

I have landed in London with a Tier II ICT in September 2015. My Visa allows me to work for 3 years and than it will be on my employer to extend it for 2 more years.
My question is during these initial 3 years do the VISA rules allows me to seek employment with another employer? If any other firm offers me a job with a Tier II general Visa, will I be eligible? Is there some provision by which I can change my Tier II ICT to a Tier II general as that will help me in getting ILR as I understand.

Looking forward for some replies.

Regards,
Nidhi

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Change in job with another employer while on Tier II ICT

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm assuming you meant Sept "2014".

You cannot switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Gen from within UK. If you are able to find an employer who is ready to sponsor your Tier 2 Gen, you will have to go back and apply from your home country. You will also be subject to a cool-off period of 12 months from the date you leave UK before you can apply for a Tier 2 Gen. You can avoid the cool off period if your offered salary is more than 153,500 GBP.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm assuming you meant Sept "2014".

You cannot switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 Gen from within UK. If you are able to find an employer who is ready to sponsor your Tier 2 Gen, you will have to go back and apply from your home country. You will also be subject to a cool-off period of 12 months from the date you leave UK before you can apply for a Tier 2 Gen. You can avoid the cool off period if your offered salary is more than 153,500 GBP.

nnidhi
Newly Registered

Post by nnidhi » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:14 pm

moonlight55 wrote:I'm assuming you meant Sept "2014".

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes, I meant September 2014. Apologies for the typing error.