ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of circumstances - Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mansoorash

Change of circumstances - Tier 2

Post by mansoorash » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Dear colleagues,

I will be very glad if someone can help me with a relatively straight forward query.

I gather that under tier 2 (general), we are required to inform UKBA of any change in contact details i.e. address. But after going through the guidelines, I did not encounter a specific period in which this change has to be informed. So, do you guys think that there is such a deadline that exists within which UKBA must be informed or you can do this even after 2 months of having moved out of previous address?

Thanks very much.

Regards
Mansoor

mansoorash

Re: Change of circumstances - Tier 2

Post by mansoorash » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:07 pm

Dear Manci, I will be very grateful if you could please shed some light on this matter? Really appreciate your time and help here.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Your sponsor must always have up to date details of your residential address, telephone and mobile number. If there is a change in these you should inform them immediately. At the same time you should also send a change of circumstances form to the HO.
See para 218 of the T2 policy guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:30 pm

manci wrote:Your sponsor must always have up to date details of your residential address, telephone and mobile number. If there is a change in these you should inform them immediately. At the same time you should also send a change of circumstances form to the HO.
See para 218 of the T2 policy guidance:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Thank you Manci. As I said I do appreciate that UKBA has to be notified by means of sending this form but I was trying to ask if there is a deadline period (i.e. 30 days for instance) in which this form has to be sent.

See, my problem is that I moved out on 24 Oct and it's been more than 2 months now (my mistake! I know). If there is no such deadline then I can give the actual date of leaving my previous address i.e. Oct but if there is then I can say that I moved out in December.

Thanks again.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:40 am

As far as I can see there is no question on the Change of Circumstances form as to the date when the change of address took place. See Q18-Q23:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... stanc2.pdf

At a general level, always answer questions truthfully. Deception can have serious consequences in immigration matters.

mansoorash

Post by mansoorash » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:43 pm

manci wrote:As far as I can see there is no question on the Change of Circumstances form as to the date when the change of address took place. See Q18-Q23:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... stanc2.pdf

At a general level, always answer questions truthfully. Deception can have serious consequences in immigration matters.
Thank you Manci. It seems that I have been filling in "Personal Details" section as well as "Contact Details" in the past to change the address. Thanks to you, I have now submitted the form correctly.

Regards
Mansoor