ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

YusufSB
Newly Registered

Change of Sponsor

Post by YusufSB » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Hello,

I have been on a Tier 2 general visa since July 2014 and my current validity is upto July 2020. (my Tier 2 general visa was extended in Sept 2015). Post July 2019 I should be eligible to apply for ILR. My question is can I change my job, if I get another company to sponsor me on Tier 2 General ? Will they have to do RLMT once again ? Last RLMT was done in July 2014. Also will I need to pay the Visa fees again for myself and dependents ? Also what are the chances of the new application being rejected ? My potential (new employer) was the one who had earlier sponsored me on Tier 2 ICT Long Tem established staff visa between June 2010 and July 2014. Will that have an impact on my new application ?

Pavkum
Newly Registered

Re: Change of Sponsor

Post by Pavkum » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi,

Below answers are according to my knowledge. I'm NOT an expert but can advise you.

can I change my job, if I get another company to sponsor me on Tier 2 General ?
Yes. You can change the job as long as they sponsor you. Please make sure to resign the old job after new visa approval from HO.

Will they have to do RLMT once again ? Last RLMT was done in July 2014.
Yes. Every jon has to undergo the standard process.

Also will I need to pay the Visa fees again for myself and dependents ?
It depends on your new company that offers you.

Also what are the chances of the new application being rejected ? My potential (new employer) was the one who had earlier sponsored me on Tier 2 ICT Long Tem established staff visa between June 2010 and July 2014. Will that have an impact on my new application ?
It completely depends on your potential employer following HO rules and regulations.