ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Employer - Important Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Changing Employer - Important Question

Post by hassanh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:58 am

Hi Everyone,

I have read on quite a few post that when applicants applied for change of employer in Tier 2 and if their application for employment change is refused, then on refusal letter it is also mentioned that they cannot continue working for their current employer.

Is this really happening nowadays? Is it a massive risk of loosing your current tier 2 visa if change of employment application is refused?

Any feedback would be appreciated?

Thanks,
Hassan

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Changing Employer - Important Question

Post by hassanh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Hi,

By any chance, anyone has any input on this. This question can be important for others as well who are going through change of employment process. Anyone has similar experienced recently and how did they go about it?

Also, I have a General question for Moderators. According to forum rules Is it ok to chase up for responses on your own posts after a reasonable time if no one has responded (as one may get a response later) or you should remain silent if there is no response from other members?

Thanks,
Hassan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 am

You can chase for a response after a period. The problem is that a lot of members only wait 20 minutes to an hour before bumping their topic multiple times.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Thank you for clarification CR001. Thanks

ravi_ei

Post by ravi_ei » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone has any input on this? As it puts change of employer applicants in danger upon refusal.

Thanks
Ravi

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:24 am

I believe this is not happening with everyone and only just few people have been affected by this. Otherwise, this forum will be full with these sort of topics. We will need to wait for the affected persons to update us how they went about it as legally they are allowed to carry on with their current employer if change of employment application is refused.

I still believe senior members should input their thoughts on it and provide us with clauses from immigration rules which we can address in administrative review if (God forbid) the same situation happens with us.

The seniors will be able to answer that if change of employment application is refused and you have no grounds to win Administrative review because the reason of refusal is let say failed RLMT. On top of that UKVI has also asked you to stop working for your current employer, then at least a person can raise only this point in Admin review that they should be allowed to continue working for their current employer as they have valid leave and they have not given notice to their current employer yet. Also, according to law they are continue to work.

Will they be able to gain something with this in Admin review? Any input from the seniors will benefit everyone of us?

Thanks,

gokmev
Newly Registered

Post by gokmev » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:32 am

Thank you for creating this topic. I have seen couple of examples (http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 24217.html ) of this on the web too. I believe it will be very helpful for other people who are considering change of employment.

Regards

uk121
Newly Registered

Post by uk121 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:05 pm

This is really scary, can someone please throw some light on this? experts??
I am going to apply for switching ... :(

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 pm

I am surprised that there has not been many responses on this topic. I have read a few stories of people that their change of employer applications were refused and told not to continue working for their current employer. This is strange because in the past, people were allowed to continue working as long as they have valid visa.

It will be nice to hear from one of the people affected, maybe there's more to their stories.

Please help those that might want to change jobs.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi Guys,

One member was going through same situation and he has reported that he has successfully got removal notice removed when he contacted UKVI. See below link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 24217.html

It seems like, its an error from UKVI which can be identified either in Admin review or by contacting them (if not going for admin review).

Thanks,
Hassan