ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from tier 1 dependant to tier 2 dpenedant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General Needed info

Post by Hua_UK » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27 am

Dear All
I am new to this page and feels happy to be part of this as many many good comments and people I can see helping each other.
I also need your guys support to help me in my issues as below.

1) Currently I am on Tier 1 General Visa valid until March 2018.
2) My Family visa valid until February 2017 as back in 2015 I extend my visa again when it was announced that Tier 1 G extension is closing.
3) Untill March 2018 still I will be short of 1 year to complete continues 5 years in the UK.
4) So Now I have request to my employer to give me Tier 2 Visa and they issued me COS now.

Now I need your support what documents I need to apply for switching from Tier 1 to Tier 2 General Visa.
Is it will be a simple switch or the home office will ask why I am switching as still I have valid visa unti 2018 March.

I have UK NARIC as well UK Degree which means English requirement is ok.
I have maintenance in my back for more then 90 days which means this is also ok.
Labor Market Test has been done by my employer as the Job was not in the shortage occupation list. which means I can get 30 points for this.
Salary is also ok, which means I can get 20 points for this as well.

now can you guys give me your comments what and how I should proceed. should we apply all together with family, or should I apply alone on Premium Server or Priority service if apply alone to get decision before my family visa expire in Feb 2017.

Should I need to apply my self or apply via some agents.

I will be waiting for your comments urgent basis.

Thanks in Advance to all.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General Needed i

Post by Hua_UK » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi CR001
Can you please have a look into my case please as I need urgent advice.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:21 am

Dear All
I am waiting for your comments and suggestions please.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:34 am

with rlmt done and statement maintained, you can apply to switch.
It is your choice whether u want to apply together or apply separately from your family, either way is fine.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 am

iworker wrote:with rlmt done and statement maintained, you can apply to switch.
It is your choice whether u want to apply together or apply separately from your family, either way is fine.
Thanks iworker. I have one more question as currently I am with the same employer working with them and my current visa tier1 G still valid until march 2018. Can HO raise some question about this or it should be ok.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Switching to Tier 2 G Does Kids under 18 need to pay Health

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:45 pm

HI All
Switching from Tier 1 G to Tier 2 G, Kids under 18 does need to pay health surcharge fee or not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching to Tier 2 G Does Kids under 18 need to pay Hea

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Hua_UK wrote:HI All
Switching from Tier 1 G to Tier 2 G, Kids under 18 does need to pay health surcharge fee or not.
Yes they do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Re: Switching to Tier 2 G Does Kids under 18 need to pay Hea

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Hua_UK wrote:HI All
Yes they do.
Thanks CR001.
Can you please tell me that does the home can have some issue why i am changing from Tier 1 G to Tier 2 G while still have valid visa as Tier 1 G untill 2018 Marh.
Also I am working for same company which is now issuing me CoS, does this can be a problem or not.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:00 pm

No, your Tier 1 visa validity should not be an issue. It is your choice if you wish to change categories.

Provided the RLMT and everything is 200% correct, there should be no issues. The one issue some migrants do have on Tier 2 G is proving that they were not 'pre-selected' for a position due to already working for the sponsor, indicating to HO that the RLMT is a 'farce' and just an exercise done to 'tick the box'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:08 pm

CR001 wrote:No, your Tier 1 visa validity should not be an issue. It is your choice if you wish to change categories.

Provided the RLMT and everything is 200% correct, there should be no issues. The one issue some migrants do have on Tier 2 G is proving that they were not 'pre-selected' for a position due to already working for the sponsor, indicating to HO that the RLMT is a 'farce' and just an exercise done to 'tick the box'.
Thanks CR001.
So what Care should I take in this Scenario as the RLMT has been done on both Universal Job Match website and Linked In. The Office only receive single CV from Job Centre which was not related to the job advertise.
Mostly other employees in our Company are on ICT Visa.

Any thing else you want to tell me to take more care of that.
Also what you suggest to apply together with dependant or first to apply my self on priority basis and after my approval apply for family.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Does we need employment letter for Tier 2 visa

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Dear All
I am changing from Tier1 G to Tier 2 G. Does I need the employment letter from my company as CoS already have all the information like salary, work permit start date and end date.

In case I need employment does it need to mentioned the original work start date as i am already working with same company since long, or does the letter need to mentioned same dates as in the CoS.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:30 pm

Topics merged. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have on the same application. Keep ALL your questions in one thread (this one).

See also Multiple Posts (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:36 am

CR001 wrote:Topics merged. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question you have on the same application. Keep ALL your questions in one thread (this one).

See also Multiple Posts (click)
Thanks CR001, noted.
Actually I am new to this forum thats why dont know about this before.
Can any one plz help me replay my query.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:05 pm

no letter needed.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:18 pm

iworker wrote:no letter needed.
Thanks iworker.
Do I need to ask my HR to provide me the job advertisement captures or the links are enough which are mentioned in the CoS letter.
Also do I need to send my original biometric to send with application.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:27 am

Dear All
While switching from Tier1 G to Tier 2 G as Dependent Visa, does Dependant time will reset if their visa is applied separately or it will be same like main applicant that towards ILR both tier1 and Tier2 time of 5 years will counts towards their ILR.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:42 pm

PBS Dep to another category of PBS dep all count towards 5 years for ILR. Dep will get visa validity that main applicant gets, regardless of whether they apply with main applicant or after.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:54 pm

CR001 wrote:PBS Dep to another category of PBS dep all count towards 5 years for ILR. Dep will get visa validity that main applicant gets, regardless of whether they apply with main applicant or after.
Thanks CR001 for your information. Now its clear to me.

Do I need to Ask my HR to Provide me the Job Advertisement or no need,as if HO need they will be contacting my company HR.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Dear All
I am still waiting for replay from you gurus, that do we need to submit the Job Advertisement snap shots with application or the job advertisement links in the CoS are enough for HO.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Dear All
Is Linked In is the right source to advertise the Job for RLMT, as my company advertise the job on Universal Job match and Linked for 30 days.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:36 pm

Dear All
The Job Code Assigned to me in CoS is 2135 and my job title is Senior network Engineer, while I can't see this title in the 2135 but the Job responsibilities are matching as my current responsibilities. Can you some one tell me that it should be ok.

Please need your guys urgent replay.

Thanks

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Changing from tier 1 dependant to tier 2 dpenedant

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Dear All
I have an important query regarding dependant visa. If Currently Tier 1 dependants are changed to Tier 2 dependant visa, does their previous time will reset which spent as Tier 1 dependant visa or they will count towards 5 year in ILR. Remember that Dependant will be applying after the main applicant get their tier 2 G visa.
Please need urgent replays.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Changing from tier 1 dependant to tier 2 dpenedant

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:05 pm

Hua_UK wrote:Dear All
I have an important query regarding dependant visa. If Currently Tier 1 dependants are changed to Tier 2 dependant visa, does their previous time will reset which spent as Tier 1 dependant visa NO!! or they will count towards 5 year in ILR YES!!). Remember that Dependant will be applying after the main applicant get their tier 2 G visa.

Thanks
No need to start a new topic with each question you have.

I already provided an answer to the same question last week.
Hua_UK wrote:
CR001 wrote:PBS Dep to another category of PBS dep all count towards 5 years for ILR. Dep will get visa validity that main applicant gets, regardless of whether they apply with main applicant or after.

Do I need to Ask my HR to Provide me the Job Advertisement or no need,as if HO need they will be contacting my company HR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Hua_UK wrote:Dear All
I have an important query regarding dependant visa. If Currently Tier 1 dependants are changed to Tier 2 dependant visa, does their previous time will reset which spent as Tier 1 dependant visa NO!! or they will count towards 5 year in ILR YES!!). Remember that Dependant will be applying after the main applicant get their tier 2 G visa.

Thanks
No need to start a new topic with each question you have.

I already provided an answer to the same question last week.
Hua_UK wrote:

Thanks CR, actually some one told me that it will Reset the time of the dependant, so an alarm start in mind although i was not beliving this point as if main applicant time can be count then dependant time should also be count, it is not like 10 years long residency in which the spouse time reset and need to spend 5 years again as spouse visa or 10 year long , depends which one comes first.

Hua_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Hua_UK » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Dear All
Please need your quick support. I am filling online form for my family as tier 2 dependants, for kids who should be the adult responsible me as main applicant or their mother ?