ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed by Moderator To Apply For Tier 2 Sponsorship Plz

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Help Needed by Moderator To Apply For Tier 2 Sponsorship Plz

Post by altaf_88 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 am

Hello,

My boss has agreed to sponsor me a work visa.

He is running a Taxi Company, and I will be working as a Controller, Admin, Accounting Assistant.

He will however have to apply for the Tier 2 sponsorship certificate in order to sponsor me for a work permit.

I am currently on a student visa which is soon to be expired.

Can you please guide me as to which category of tier 2 is my boss suppose to apply for and what are the relevant documents that he should send with his application.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Help Needed by Moderator To Apply For Tier 2 Sponsorship

Post by iworker » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:46 am

unfortunately i dont think he can either get a licence , nor sponsor you.
Even if we consider he gets a licence, there is no way he can sponsor you as the job will not be on SOC level 6

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:54 am

iworker wrote:unfortunately i dont think he can either get a licence , nor sponsor you.
Even if we consider he gets a licence, there is no way he can sponsor you as the job will not be on SOC level 6
hi i am a silent watcher
could you please like to elaborate on your answer if you don't mind because i am looking to apply as well.
what are the requirement for the employer and the employee to get the work permit.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Can i know the reason why he would not get a license.

and where can i get the SOC level 6 job list description please

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:55 pm

I just read on the website the following details:

Financial accounts managers
Example job tasks:
develops and manages business accounts to increase sales of financial products;
 takes responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of several business accounts;
 manages teams handling insurance claims;
 checks customers‟ credit rating with banks and credit reference agencies, and decides whether to
offer credit;
 establishes terms of credit and ensures timely payment by customer, renegotiates payment
terms and initiates legal action to recover debts if necessary;
carries out and/or supervises general accounting and administrative work.
Related job titles:
 Accounts manager
 Audit manager
 Credit manager
 Fund manager
 Relationship manager (bank)
Salary rates: New entrant: £20,500* / Experienced: £24,700

I am an ACCA student, part qualified and soon to get my degree in applies accounting, the highlighted job examples can suit me, don't you think?

zack_snyder
Newly Registered

Post by zack_snyder » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Yes you can qualify for this soc code. Depending , you get your BSC on time, Your employer can agree with you how much your package will be, should be above £20300, which is the minimum threshold to be paid to hire non EU immigrants. If successful on getting his sponsorship license, you can apply for a FIVE YEAR tier 2 general visa .

However do bear in mind that sponsorship license process can take months, from 6 weeks to even being 6 months. This all depends on the volume of companies applying for license to UKBA and your turn in the queue.

Hope this information is somewhat valuable.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello,

Yes thank you that information was very helpful, my next question will be, someone told me about UK naric certificate which is acceptable as equivalent to degree level. Can i apply on uk naric certificate if my degree does not arrive in time??

And what supporting documents will my boss need in order to apply for one? I have been reading the guidance but could not exactly translate the requirement since they have written it very briefly.

AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 pm

Taxi firms are highly unlikely to be granted a licence as quite simply they do not need NQF6 roles to operate.
The chances of being a licence are very slim and getting a COS thereafter even slimmer.

The bottom line is simple - the vast majority of taxi firms are just.a collective of self employed drivers operating from an serviced admin hub. You dont need professional workers or HR managers or Chartered Accountants to gover or manage that type of business.

The guidance even specifically points to small businesses as an example of where NQF6 job creation will prevent the awarding of a licence.

Employment - in respect of Tier 2 (General) licences we may assess whether you can offer genuine employment which meets the Tier 2 (General) criteria on skill level and appropriate rates of pay. This route is for skilled workers and the following are examples of circumstances in which we may not be satisfied you can offer genuine Tier 2 (General) employment. This list is not exhaustive.

EXAMPLE 1 You do not currently, or have never employed anyone in a role which meets the current Tier 2 requirements. For example, you are a small retail outlet and currently only have people working for you as shop assistants or in other low-skilled roles.

EXAMPLE 2 You tell us you require (or have already sponsored) a person in a managerial role which appears unnecessary, for example you are a small fast food outlet and you tell us you need, or have appointed a full-time HR manager or publicity manager.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:45 am

Hello,

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, but there are at least 2 taxi companies registered as Tier 2 sponsors on the register.

My boss recently acquired one company and now he owns a total of 3 companies, which he wants to merge together, that is the reason that he wants to have an accountant inside the company so that he can monitor all the activities as the accountant he had before was taking allot of money from him but was not providing the service at all.

And can i please know the documents required for my boss to apply for the sponsorship.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:48 am

Hello,

Thank you for bringing that to my attention, but there are at least 2 taxi companies registered as Tier 2 sponsors on the register. which i just noticed.

My boss recently acquired one company and now he owns a total of 3 companies, which he wants to merge together, that is the reason that he wants to have an accountant inside the company so that he can monitor all the activities as the accountant he had before was taking allot of money from him but was not providing the service at all.

And can i please know the documents required for my boss to apply for the sponsorship.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:28 am

If your boss has already taken over a taxi firm with a Tier 2 licence he will know exactly what is required.
He will have had to apply for that licence to be transfered.

And based on your job description you will not be doing a NQF6 role so good luck with that.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:30 pm

the company he has acquired does not have the license, i mentioned that because i wanted to make a point that his company is not very small.

he will be applying for the first time, so please let me know what documents are required so that i cant ask him to start the process.

and what job description you think will fit me as i am a degree holder in Applied Accounting, and can work as an accountant.

according to the list i mentioned above, there are couple of roles that suits me, but if you think the opposite please advice me on my job description.

the reason he is hiring an in house accountant is because his bills for an accounting firm for the last 5 years are allot more than £20,500 therefore he wants to employ an in house accountant to reduce his cost. do you think this argument have any chance?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:02 pm

First question - what do you do for the company at the moment that would change in the new role?

Next question does the one company make about £100k net profit per year or more?

Last question why would anyone pay a salary of £20k to get the same service that has cost him that much for 5years. It does not make economic sense?

These questions point to the likelihood of success in applying for the licence and you getting a tier2 cos.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 pm

I used to work as a controller there, but I don't anymore because I am not allowed to work anymore.

I am not very sure about this, but I can ask him and let you know, by the way what if he is not making 100k or more per year?

He is paying more then £20,500 per year (typing error) and by employing me as his accountant, his idea is to bring everything under one roof so that he can monitor and understand what he is paying and why is he paying. Plus since my minimum salary will be £21,000 he will be saving around £3,000-£4,000 per year ( i am guessing the estimated amount here, but i know for a fact that he is paying too much to his accountant and he has 2 different firms managing his accounts)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:37 am

The point of three questions were to establish the likelihood of the business being suitable as a sponsor and what your current relationship was in the business.
Based on the reply and the change of story along the way my current thinking is that a licence application will fail on the basis of credibility.
Taxi firms are not complex businesses so they do not need accountants to manage the day to day financial processes to ensure they operate. Your adjusted accounting costs to state that two businesses spend in excess of £20k per year between them is just not credible. End of year accounting services for a SME on average range is about £2-4K pa and that would be a full P&L, balance sheet and end of year HMRC submissions.
If the accountants are doing the book keeping for the business then the figure would be far far higher than £10k per business. Hence the credibility gap on your story.

If the firm needs a book keeper then your not the man for the job, as that is NQF4.
If the firm wants a qualified accountant then that would be a NQF6 role, but again your not the man for the job as your not qualified.The SOC for chartered or certified accountants at NQF6 is only for fully qualified accountants.

Looking at the role you suggested - that is for the financial services industry, again not for you.

Given the overall circumstances it is highly unlikely that you will eventually gain a tier 2 visa at the end of the process.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Hello
thank you for your help so far, i just spoke to my boss and i got the information that my boss has net profit of more than £100k, and now it probably will be more since he acquired the new company.

and he is paying more than £21,000 to each accounting firm annually basically, plus he never knows why he is paying any money to HMRC, so basically if i am working for him, he will be able to monitor the accounts to understand the situation and will be paying me £21,000 per year instead of paying two firms more than £21,000 per firm per year

Basically by hiring me he will be bringing the accounts of the company in house so that he knows what is going on, why he is paying that much amount of tax, and ill be handling the accounts of his drivers plus his company. making pay rolls, VATs company accounts etc

If you think that all this is not enough, please guide me as to what position shall i ask him to hire me on so that it fits with the SOC requirement.

Waiting for your reply

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:14 pm

The role you describe is that of a company accountant and given the likely size of the business to generate a net profit of £100k it is possible that the business could actually get licence.
The issue would be you are not a qualified or certified accountant so can not meet the NQF6 criteria as an accountant.

altaf_88
Newly Registered

Post by altaf_88 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:29 pm

I agree but i have been taking training to become an accountant and I have a Degree in Applied Accounting plus currently i am an ACCA student studying last 4 papers of my professional level.

I can make VATs, Payrolls, Company account, handle driver accounts.

What job description do you think i shall apply for then?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:37 am

I would worry about what role once / if your potential employer gets their licence. The usual cover all job description is business development manager.