ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long does it take to get tier 2 sponsor licence???

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

modernwillow
Newly Registered

how long does it take to get tier 2 sponsor licence???

Post by modernwillow » Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 am

Hi all, I have been following the threads in this forum and found them very helpful:-) therefore I was wondering if anyone can please give some advise on my problem?

My company sent out the sponsor licence application late last year, Dec 2012, and I only got told that we expect to hear from them in April 2013 (I have got no any idea what does that mean, is it getting the final result or an update???) but it is already May and nothing has happened yet. I check the list every day and our name never appears which is extremely frustrating :(

Does anyone know if this is normal? I have not heard anything from HR on whether wev been asked for any more docu so I presume no particular problem happened (as far as I am aware) :( :(

Any idea???

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: how long does it take to get tier 2 sponsor licence???

Post by makky86 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:58 am

modernwillow wrote:Hi all, I have been following the threads in this forum and found them very helpful:-) therefore I was wondering if anyone can please give some advise on my problem?

My company sent out the sponsor licence application late last year, Dec 2012, and I only got told that we expect to hear from them in April 2013 (I have got no any idea what does that mean, is it getting the final result or an update???) but it is already May and nothing has happened yet. I check the list every day and our name never appears which is extremely frustrating :(

Does anyone know if this is normal? I have not heard anything from HR on whether wev been asked for any more docu so I presume no particular problem happened (as far as I am aware) :( :(

Any idea???

I think average time is around 6 months so be patient. If your company has applied in December then I would expect to hear something by end of June 2013.

Not hearing anything from them doesn't mean that there is no problem. I have seen companies after waiting for 6 months and being refused because the documents weren't certified properly.

I would nag HR to talk to Home Office and get an update from on their application.

PS When is your visa expiring?

II Youths a stuff neve endures II

modernwillow
Newly Registered

Post by modernwillow » Fri May 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi muhdkhokhar, thanks a lot for your reply:-) it is very helpful:-)

My visa will expire end of 2013 so do still have some spare time left, the only thing I worry about now is as you said, even if in the end we get the final decision no one can guarentee it is a positive one and the HR was bit reluntant to help from the very begining, so if anything goes wrong it would be very problematic...:-(

but i guess I will give it a go asking them to get an update from the UKBA:-)

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 pm

modernwillow wrote:Hi muhdkhokhar, thanks a lot for your reply:-) it is very helpful:-)

My visa will expire end of 2013 so do still have some spare time left, the only thing I worry about now is as you said, even if in the end we get the final decision no one can guarentee it is a positive one and the HR was bit reluntant to help from the very begining, so if anything goes wrong it would be very problematic...:-(

but i guess I will give it a go asking them to get an update from the UKBA:-)
Thats true. But in meantime I would start looking at other jobs where the potential employer is already Tier 2 Licensed. But again Best of luck.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

sasidhar
Newly Registered

Post by sasidhar » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:03 am

Hi,
i have finished my masters and one of my sponsors who are ready to give a job but they haven't got licence to give a job and my visa is expiring in january 2015, my employers is applied for a sponsor licence in december they are waiting for the audit by solicitors. i dont know they could get the sponsor licence before january 15- 2015.
how many days it will take to get a sponsor licence?
they have already applied and failed to get it first time, so they are going to apply it again
is it possible to get it by that time?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:57 am

If your prospective Sponsor has not yet applied for the licence second time round there is zero hope of getting the licence by the middle of January 2015.
If it was refused first time round it will certainly be getting visited by UKVI before a licence is granted.
BUT you can apply for a tier 2 visa before your current visa expiry date as long as you make it clear that you are waiting for your Sponsor to be licenced.
There is a risk attached in that if the licence is not granted you will be refused.

sasidhar
Newly Registered

Post by sasidhar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:53 pm

hi,
they are going to apply in next week right now they are collecting all the documents and putting them together and they are waiting for the audit by solicitors
can i apply for the work visa by showing my sponsor is been applied for the license?

sasidhar
Newly Registered

Post by sasidhar » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:55 pm

and one more thing what is the average time to get the sponsor licence?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 am

As long as you can show an application has been made you can apply for your visa.
The licence process takes about 6 weeks if all the correct documents are supplied.

Nishanth961
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nishanth961 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Hello

I can see this post is quite outdated now.

Are we still looking at 6 weeks SLA for a company to receive sponsor license from Home Department ? ( with current BREXIT load )

Also, what would be ideal timeline that we can look at to get Tier 2 VISA once we get license ?

Thanks,
Nishanth

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Nishanth961 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:11 pm
Hello

I can see this post is quite outdated now.

Are we still looking at 6 weeks SLA for a company to receive sponsor license from Home Department ? ( with current BREXIT load )

Also, what would be ideal timeline that we can look at to get Tier 2 VISA once we get license ?

Thanks,
Nishanth
Kindly start your own topic with your questions and circumstances rather than digging up threads that are 5 years old and no longer active.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.