ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility - Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kiran_guru
Newly Registered

TIER 2 ICT DEPENDENT > TIER 2 GENERAL - ILR?

Post by kiran_guru » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:32 am

Hi,
I was on tier 2 ICT dependent visa from 2012 Feb - 2014 Jan, i moved to Tier 2 General from them till now. 2 years on ICT dependent and ~1.5 years on Tier 2 General
I need to know if my stay as tier 2 dependent can be counted for my ILR in 5 years ? I did work when i was on dependent visa, not sure if that can be counted ? I have been in the country for last 3.5 years and need to know if i can apply for ILR in next 1.5 or need to wait for a good 3.5 years more?

I appreciate any quick response please.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: TIER 2 ICT DEPENDENT > TIER 2 GENERAL - ILR?

Post by gag285 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:12 am

kiran_guru wrote:Hi,
I was on tier 2 ICT dependent visa from 2012 Feb - 2014 Jan, i moved to Tier 2 General from them till now. 2 years on ICT dependent and ~1.5 years on Tier 2 General
I need to know if my stay as tier 2 dependent can be counted for my ILR in 5 years ? I did work when i was on dependent visa, not sure if that can be counted ? I have been in the country for last 3.5 years and need to know if i can apply for ILR in next 1.5 or need to wait for a good 3.5 years more?

I appreciate any quick response please.
Your ILR clock had reset when you moved into Tier 2 General Main in 2014 Jan. One can only claim eligibility for ILR in the 5 year route whilst being on one visa type. You have to remain on Tier 2 General for another 3.5 years to become eligible in the 5 year route ( subject to other criterion like salary threshold , employment at the time of ILR application etc). Hope this helps.

kiran_guru
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 2 ICT DEPENDENT > TIER 2 GENERAL - ILR?

Post by kiran_guru » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:17 am

Thanks for the quick response appreciate it

kiran_guru
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility - Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by kiran_guru » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Quick follow up question to scenarios, linked below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 00196.html

i too was a ICT dependant for 2 years
Now on Tier 2 general for 3.2 years, of all this time i have worked for the same company to start with, to begin with i was unaware of the restriction for ILR with dependents, so, can i share the HMRC docs to prove my role working on a dependant visa which is same as presently with sponsorship, and apply for ILR ? can that be considered or will my time as dependent be discounted with out any consideration?
I have spent over 5 years working at the same company as skilled worked and its ironic that i cannot apply for ILR :( please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR eligibility - Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:44 pm

It has nothing to do with working for the same employer for 5 years. It has everything to do with the category of visa you hold and must hold for 5 years to qualify for ILR.

You will only qualify for ILR after holding Tier 2 Genera for 5 years, your PBS dependent visa status cannot be used to make up the 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:04 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:11 am

CR001 and gag285 are both correct. Unfortunately, repeating the question doesn't change their answers.

245HG(b) doesn't include leave as a PBS dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.