ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In-country Tier 2 application timelines off topic

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

karim_9876

In-country Tier 2 application timelines off topic

Post by karim_9876 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:36 pm

What's the courier they use to deliver your BRP?

Is it DX Delivery?

Do you need to wait or should you call the courier to arrange a delivery time?

When I got my PSW two years ago I just called DX Delivery and provided my post code and fixed a delivery time, but now they ask for a tracking number...

Any ideas?

tagedta
Newly Registered

Re: In-country Tier 2 application timelines

Post by tagedta » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi All,

I recently made an application for Tier 2 General (Employer Sponsored) Visa on Feb 27th 2014. I received an acknowledgement
on 7th March 2014. I have given my credit card details on the application to deduct an application fee of £578. But till now the
money hasn't been deducted from my account. I am awaiting for my bio metrics letter. Can anyone please suggest me the
things/suggested guidelines in processing of my application.

Because most of the people are saying that we will receive an acknowledgement only when the money was taken from
our account. But, In my case it wasn't happened. I am getting nervous now. Could anyone please try to help me out in this
issue.

Kind Regards
Kalyan

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:54 pm

tagedta wrote:Hi All,

I recently made an application for Tier 2 General (Employer Sponsored) Visa on Feb 27th 2014. I received an acknowledgement
on 7th March 2014. I have given my credit card details on the application to deduct an application fee of £578. But till now the
money hasn't been deducted from my account. I am awaiting for my bio metrics letter. Can anyone please suggest me the

Because most of the people are saying that we will receive an acknowledgement only when the money was taken from
our account. But, In my case it wasn't happened. I am getting nervous now. Could anyone please try to help me out in this
issue.

Kind Regards
Kalyan

We sent our Tier 2 General apps (Sponsored Migrant +3 dependents) on Feb 17, 2014. We too gave our credit card info for all 4 apps but on the 19th...the main applicant's amount was deducted only. We had heard nothing until March 6th stating that our apps could not be further processed because we were missing payment information. Please send a check or postal order for the balance (which was incorrect also) 2 phone calls and confusion to why we would want to pay the remaining balance rather than the amount on the email...led us to having to overnight a check for the remaining balance to Sheffield before the 7 day grace period given. Still waiting for the "decision and then the biometric letter). So be patient and also prepared to send another form of payment. Hang in there!

tagedta
Newly Registered

Post by tagedta » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 am

jfchiro wrote:
tagedta wrote:Hi All,

issue.

Kind Regards
Kalyan

We sent our Tier 2 General apps (Sponsored Migrant +3 dependents) on Feb 17, 2014. We too gave our credit card info for all 4 apps but on the 19th...the main applicant's amount was deducted only. We had heard nothing until March 6th stating that our apps could not be further processed because we were missing payment information. Please send a check or postal order for the balance (which was incorrect also) 2 phone calls and confusion to why we would want to pay the remaining balance rather than the amount on the email...led us to having to overnight a check for the remaining balance to Sheffield before the 7 day grace period given. Still waiting for the "decision and then the biometric letter). So be patient and also prepared to send another form of payment. Hang in there!

Hello, I received a letter on 15th March 2014 from Home Office, stating that there was an error in the application regarding making an mandatory payment fees of £578. It also stated to send another payment form making a note of the applicant's name and payment reference number which was mentioned on the letter. So, this time I have given my debit card details in the payment form and sent it through recorded delivery.It will be delivered to Home Office by 18th March 2014. Hopefully this time I am awaiting for the positive response from them.

NOTE: We should send the payment form with in 7 calendar days of receiving that letter;Otherwise application would be invalid and no further extension will be given for it. So, please make sure to send it through Royal mail Next day delivery/Speed post by any means.

Thanks and Many Regards.
Kalyan

tagedta
Newly Registered

Re: In-country Tier 2 application timelines off topic

Post by tagedta » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:15 pm

Could any one please tell me when the money is going to be deducted if we sent another payment form to the Sheffield home address. Actually I have received a letter from home office asking me to send another payment form.( I have given credit cars details first time on my application...now I sent my debit card details on the second payment form)

I have sent the payment form on Monday 17th march 2014
... Till now the money was not deducted... Can anyone please guide me regarding this application progress.
Many Thanks and Regards
Kalyan

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:37 am

Kalyan-

We sent out 2nd payment (personal cheque) next day on the 7th of March. The office signed the mailing confirmation on the morning of the 10th. The cheque cleared our account this Tuesday the 18th. So the ball is rolling...it just will take time. I know that everyone's situation is different...but I suppose when it says it could take 6-8 weeks...I guess I have to wait. I will post more as things happen. I know it is frustrating. We have planned a short trip out of the country in early May but obviously forgot that our passports would be tied up with this. Oops. Here is to positive thinking! :D

tagedta
Newly Registered

Post by tagedta » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Many thanks for that information and let me know please if any further updates from your side. Meanwhile I will also update mine.
Thanks

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Sure thing!

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:35 am

tagedta- Knowing that our second payment had cleared the bank without further notice for a bit over a week...I called the number on our letter. Good thing. The rep showed that the payment had not cleared still on the computer so or app was held up because once the payment went through...it did not prompt the system to generate the biometric invite. So...now since she has forwarded a notice to the caseworker...I am now told a biometric invite will be sent out within 15 business days by post...if not...call back again. The rep then explains that once the biometrics are filed (which they consider the first step in the visa extension process :x ) 85% of all apps are processed within 4 weeks if no other information is needed from the caseworker. More waiting as usual. :(

tagedta
Newly Registered

Post by tagedta » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi JFCHIRO,

My payment was deducted from my account on 24th Monday and I received my Biometrics Enrollment letter today(29th)....

I have submitted my biometrics details today itself............Just now some more wait for the final approval of my visa.......

But there was a spelling mistake of my name on my letter which I received today. I dont know how it will come up on my BRP. Do you know anything about it; how to correct the spelling mistakes on the BRP card (if any).....Shall we need to pay any fees for that kind of correction or anything like that......

Anywayz......Need to wait and see.......

Keep posted me any updates from your side and I will do the same...............

Thanks

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:19 am

Hello Tagedta-

That is great news to be at this stage. I hope ours will be received this week so we too will be on our way.

Unfortunately you will not know of a spelling error until you receive it. I have read that there have been many errors on the letters but the cards are fine and vice versa. I have seen where the applicants will ask the postal worker if they can include a note when the BRP info is sent but not sure if that even helped. You should have information that comes with your BRP card that will tell you what to do if anything is wrong. I am not sure of additional charges though. Sorry.

So........we......wait! still. I think our family were spoiled with our initial visa apps because they only took 3 days start to finish. I have earned too many unneeded white hairs on this one. :?

tagedta
Newly Registered

Post by tagedta » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:41 pm

Hello JFCHIRO,

I have received my documents today from Home Office which I submitted with my application. There was a letter inside the envelope confirming that my application for TIER 2 was successful and BRP card will be sent in the next 7 working days.

Anyways this is the good news so far from my side and still waiting( as usual) for the BRP card .........

I will be in touch very soon with that news. Any updates from your side.........???? Cheers :D

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:48 am

Hello Tagedta-

That is FANTASTIC! I am so happy for you. I guess the misspell on our BRP invite was nothing to worry about. This gives me hope that ours could be in the post soon as well. At least you have a fairly concrete timeline now to follow the last step. Next week will be a celebration week for you for sure!

I will keep you further as well on this end. We have helped each other out so much through this forum...it has been our saving grace from going too crazy with worry. Cheers! :D

tagedta
Newly Registered

Post by tagedta » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Hello JFCHIRO,

Yes its a great news today as well for me. I received my BRP today. But as I mentioned you that there was an error in my biometric invite; the same error is printed in my BRP as well. But the good thing is that they have given an email address for any such kind of errors.

I will mail them regarding that error and I hope everything will be fine then onwards.

Anyways as you said we really helped each other a lot through this forum regarding our issues with Visa. I hope yours will be on the way.
Keep in touch. Cheers :D :D :D :D

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 am

Hi tagedta-

I am glad all the main drama is over with good results and the misspelling seems to be an easy fix. What a LOOONNNGG ordeal! No mail today for us today via post. I know that the BRP arrives via DX...will the documents also? or does Mr. Royal Mail shove them through our little mail slot? I feel like a complete stalker watching our Postman Pat speed down the street and wonder if he will bring me something too. Good grief! I need a life. :oops: Oh well...onto the rest of the daily grind...have a good one...with your BRP in hand! Jealous...for now.

Kristen

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:35 am

Hey Kalyan...what is small, hard plastic and arrives by delivery? BPRs! How do they arrive before the passports? Too funny. Nice surprise! I feel like we should be getting together for a drink or a cuppa after all of this. LOL :D

Take care,

Kristen-jfchiro

tagedta
Newly Registered

Post by tagedta » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Yes dude, in some cases BRP arrives before the documents...
No worries... Anyways good news to hear
Post any updates

tagedta
Newly Registered

Post by tagedta » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:41 am

Hi JFChiro,

Yesterday I have sent my passport, BRP and a covering letter yesterday(FRIDAY) saying what is wrong with my BRP to the given address
Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ,
Returns Unit,
PO Box 163,
Bristol
BS20 1AB.........When i tracked the mail through special Delivery Royal Mail Services it is saying on today morning(SATURDAY)

[*][img]We have your item

An attempt to deliver your item was made on 12/04/14 but we were unable to deliver as there was no access to the delivery address. The Item will be returned to PORTISHEAD to await instructions from the addressee or will be returned to sender. You can arrange a redelivery online, call the PORTISHEAD office to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from PORTISHEAD by bringing proof of identification and address.
[/img]
[/u][/b][/b].....When I tried to call the PORTISHEAD office number nobody responded..

And I tried to contact HomeOffice BRP Inquiry numbers ....It went to an automated voice mail saying that the office is closed on sat and sunday. I dont know what to do now.

I should report the error to Home Office within 10 working days of receipt of the BRP. I have emailed anyway the same thing to the homeoffice on the same day when I received it 5 days ago. Till now I didnt get any response for that mail. So I have decided to send the documents Through Postal Order for Error Correction as suggested by one of my friend.

I am in a confused state now!

Anyways its only about the correction. No need to much panic as the BRP was already issued. Let me know if u can give me any suggestions in this kind of issue

Is there any good news from your side :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

jfchiro
Newly Registered

Post by jfchiro » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:10 am

Tagedta-

Oh boy. I am honestly at a loss of what to recommend. It looks like you have done everything you can on your end. I do know that they are not "open" on the weekends so a no answer at the office does not surprise me. Keep in mind of the holiday...their week will be even shorter which is crappier for you. I wonder how many more "oops" applications they have to correct? I know that it has been a few days since you posted...any new news yet? I am going to make an guess that you will not be getting a "processing" email from them since notifications are not always sent out. lol. I imagine you will receive it when you receive it...will be how they put it. Unfortunately this is another case of send and wait more. Sorry.

Received everything last week without hiccup...surprisingly. Good to go to Ireland next month thank goodness.

Hang in there...BRP was issued already so it can not be taken away...you just need to have it so you no longer feel trapped. Good luck.

K-

pvenkatkrishna
Newly Registered

Post by pvenkatkrishna » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:20 am

pvenkatkrishna wrote:Hi All,

I have dropped my application for Tier2 general extension from the same employer on 25th May 2016.

Its been 41 days since i dropped the application, biometrics given on 8th July.

What is the current processing time to get the documents back?

Is there any way I can push my standard application to premium?

Thanks in advance.
Krishna.

Hi All,

further to the above, I have now got the below link for 'Form to request for your submitted postal visa application to be transferred to our premium service'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... quest-form

Kind Regards,
Krishna.

smb2015

Post by smb2015 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:27 pm

@pvenkatkrishna , 41 days is quite a time. Did you tried to contact them and tell them your application timeline ?

Amhunter
Newly Registered

Post by Amhunter » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 pm

Heya, I am switching from Tier 4 student to Tier 2 general. Applying via standard (online), from within the UK
A couple questions here:
1) Is fact that I have received biometrics letter 2 days after application submission and enrolled the day after indicates that my visa will be processed faster then 6-8 weeks?
2) Are there different timelines for nationals of different countries?

Sarahl
Newly Registered

Post by Sarahl » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:48 am

Hi guys,

My TIER 2 application (from the UK ) has been approved. I have just received my documents back this morning. However on my passport I can't see an actual visa. They said that my BRP should arrive soon but I expected to actually have a visa on my passport. Do you think that a mistake was made?

khalidkhan123
Newly Registered

Post by khalidkhan123 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:04 am

hello @pvenkatkrishna,
have u got any news yet are still waiting?. I applied for tier 2 general extention, and submitted my biometrics on 22 of July.
thanks

topcat
Newly Registered

Post by topcat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:49 pm

khalidkhan123 wrote:hello @pvenkatkrishna,
have u got any news yet are still waiting?. I applied for tier 2 general extention, and submitted my biometrics on 22 of July.
thanks
Have you guys heard back? I have been waiting for a month now since my biometrics. :(