ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route
pramit
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by pramit » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:58 pm

Hi,

Me and my partner were in Tier 2 ICT visa and a month ago I became a dependent of my partner. Now I hold a Tier 2 PBS Dependent VISA. I now want to move to Tier 2 general VISA (found a sponsor-not a umbrella company) and the following is what I want to have a clear picture of:
1. Do I still need to serve a cool off period as its just been a month that I have moved to PBS Dependent from Tier 2 ICT?
2. If yes to 1, then is there any restriction that I have to mandatorily serve the cool off, outside the country?
3. If No to 2, then does it mean that after the cool off is over( after an year ), I can apply for the Tier 2 General VISA from my home country (Provided sponsor satisfies RLMT).
4. If I am done serving the cool off period being in the country, when I apply to switch to Tier 2 General category is there any chance of getting the application rejected by any means (stressing on the fact that I continued my stay as a dependent and did not go out of the country).

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:06 pm

1. You have to serve the cooling off period which would be the full 12 months on dependent visa.

2. You can stay in the UK on dependent visa.

3. Yes, from home country.

4. No. You are required to meet the points etc to get a tier 2 general from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pramit
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by pramit » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. This really helps. Appreciate your time.

Cheers,