ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

narenz
India

Post by narenz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:44 am

My company applied it third time and UKBA added our companies name in less than 3 months. Do not take my scenarios as a reference, always prepare for the worst case. Some cases UKBA added company into the list less than 3 weeks and no COS issued. So even if you get your company is added on to the list you have to make sure there are enough COS to be used. There are no ideal processing times they say everything will be done in minimum 12 weeks but I am not optimistic.

UKkumar
BANNED

Does HR is right or wrong??

Post by UKkumar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Does HR is right or wrong??

I am civil engineer and holding 18months Tier4 spouse visa. Today I got job offer from big company.

HR in this company says they will apply my Tier2 visa after 6 months. When I ask why? HR said to me that if you work for 6 month in our company then we DON’T have to go for Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) for your Tier2 visa application.

Does any one know about this rule? If I work for 6 month with any company then company can skip RLMT.

UKkumar

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:43 am

Hi All
Finally my company Got license we received email today

I am working as an accountant doing most of tasks mentioned in code 2421
but not all tasks can I use that code?
and salary mentioned there is different level for different education level
for my level its saying 17K and higher level it goes to 27K
how can I prove that I come in 17K category
my company will start paying me 20K when my visa issue so how should this work as my visa expire on 14 march should my company start paying from 15 March or should I change my contract from 1st march
what documents I need for my visa purpose?

Thanks

prinsloo
Newly Registered

Post by prinsloo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Many congrats jibri, I have been following this thread since last year and it is great to hear all these good news!

May I ask if anyone knows for which day/month UKBA dealing with the Tier 2 license applications?

Thanks so much in advance!

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 pm

we applied on the 26th of june, got licence on the 25th of november, but with noi allocations for cos.
had to go through urgent treatment, and got an unrestricted allocation on the 5th of january...
it takes ages...

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:56 pm

hi jibri, i'm in a sort of similar situation...when we applied for cos we stated a starting day of the 20 of january, but i haven't got my passport yet, so as it says somewhere on ukba web site: until you get your new visa your previous immigration category is extended and the same rules apply that used to for you current leave...hope this makes sense

prinsloo
Newly Registered

Post by prinsloo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:01 pm

Ann22 wrote:we applied on the 26th of june, got licence on the 25th of november, but with noi allocations for cos.
had to go through urgent treatment, and got an unrestricted allocation on the 5th of january...
it takes ages...
that is horribly long...I have been waiting for 2 months and it is driving me mad...:-(

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 pm

thanks and week before UKBA Quoted 11 January

and Ann why there was no allocation of COS your company did not mentioned any unrestricted cos? we ask for one hopefully I get with license waiting for user ID and after urgent request did you get your cos before your visa expire? and yes your previous rules apply until you get your new visa can you please tell me what document I need to submit I am going for premium service

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 pm

jibri wrote:thanks and week before UKBA Quoted 11 January

and Ann why there was no allocation of COS your company did not mentioned any unrestricted cos? we ask for one hopefully I get with license waiting for user ID and after urgent request did you get your cos before your visa expire? and yes your previous rules apply until you get your new visa can you please tell me what document I need to submit I am going for premium service

it wasn't clear if we needed restricted or unrestricted cos
i don't know why they didn't simply email and ask for further information, but it went ok at the end
them we just emailed them and say that, we current visa expires soon, and asked what should we do to speed up the process of cos allocation

about premium service.....: i got my cos on the 5th or 7th i believe, my visa was expiring on the 20th....i tried to book a premium service and checked literally ALL offices...including Scotland (I'm in London) and there were NOT a single space up until the 20th

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:24 pm

prinsloo wrote:
Ann22 wrote:we applied on the 26th of june, got licence on the 25th of november, but with noi allocations for cos.
it takes ages...
that is horribly long...I have been waiting for 2 months and it is driving me mad...:-(
well.....i dont know if it is different now...when we applied there were olympics as well...hopefully you'll get your sooner

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Ann22 wrote:
prinsloo wrote:
it takes ages...
well.....i dont know if it is different now...when we applied there were olympics as well...hopefully you'll get your sooner

We applied license 04 15 Aug and we got email today so see its 6 months

Anna what document do I need to submit with application

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:58 pm

jibri wrote:
Ann22 wrote:
prinsloo wrote:
it takes ages...

We applied license 04 15 Aug and we got email today so see its 6 months

Anna what document do I need to submit with application
what document with what application? to get allocation for cos?

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:13 pm

No for tier 2 visa application

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 am

jibri wrote:No for tier 2 visa application
well, you need more than one
you need cos details from the company, and them, when you fill in the application form they ask you all sorts of question, like did you need to register with the police, did you have other passsports and other visas for uk...etc...and then at the end they give you a list of what you need to bring/post

i am switching from a student visa, so i think our documents could be slightly different

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering anyone know if the list on the internet updated first or if the company get notification first. this is because my new potential employer is on the list today and wonders they haven't contacted me yet. just worried if they have changed their mind! :?

Thanks and all the best for all of you.

Ann22

Post by Ann22 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 pm

As far as I know you get on the list first, and then you get a letter,as postage takes time
Don't worry.....they wouldn't start the whole process unless they wanted you...

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:11 pm

My company received email first and on list they appear after one day so they don't have exact procedure give them time upto friday and on monday ask them

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi Ann22 and jibri

thanks for the reply. it been a while already. and there is also rlmt and notice period on top. just a bit concerned.

maxoizs

Post by maxoizs » Sat May 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Applied on 4 Mar 2013
waiting till now

NMohammed
Newly Registered
India

Post by NMohammed » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:30 pm

What is the current processing time guys...
My company applied last week and my current visa expires in Feb 2014.
Do you think i have enough time?

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 pm

The company is applying this week for a licence.
How long may it take for them to get it? Will it come with a CoS or will they have to apply for that afterwards?

My Tier 4 student visa expires on 21st of January 2014, thus I basically have two months to complete the license + cos process and apply.

Would that be feasible?
In the case they do not get a licence in time, should me and my wife apply without the CoS with a letter explaining what happened?

Thanks in advance.

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi all,

Just adding to this, the company just received an email with the SMS password - the User ID will come separately by post.

Is it safe to assume this means the company will get the licence?
How long will it take before they can actually allocate the unrestricted CoS they requested in the application? H.O. even asked for my details - the migrant who will switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 - hours before sending the password.

Thanks in advance!

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:27 am

Just got the licence confirmation yesterday (plus addition in the Register of Sponsors)

The application was submitted on the 22nd of November and the confirmation came on the 4th of December. Less then two weeks!
Incredible.