ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKkumar
BANNED

New Licence for small company

Post by UKkumar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Any one have idea about processing time to issue new Licence for small company ?

And processing time for COS?
And Tier 2 processing time?

I am curious to know how long it will take?

cheers
kumar

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Sponsor License: may take from 3weeks to 3months

COS: as this is first application if licensed successfully you will get this automatically no extra time needed.

Tier 2: may take from 6-10weeks normally

sha23

Post by sha23 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 am

koolguykvs wrote:Sponsor License: may take from 3weeks to 3months

COS: as this is first application if licensed successfully you will get this automatically no extra time needed.

Tier 2: may take from 6-10weeks normally
Hi koolguykvs,

Couple of Queries on the Sponsor License:-

1. Its been 8 weeks since my employer has submitted all documents for the Sponsor License. Its been done through an Agent who is quite good. All is fine with the application as per the agent and employer. Would you say 12 weeks is the upper cut off for a decision on the Sponsor license?

2. Also does the current rush in Cos issuing for 2012-2013 affect sponsor license decision cases which is for tier-2 ict in my case.

Look forward to your reply since the anxiety and tension is quite high at my end since its been a long wait for me..

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:52 am

Hi koolguykvs,

So you mean my employer do not have to apply for COS, it will automatically assign with new licence application.

Some one given this info that once licence issued than from SMS system my employer have to request for CSO with my details and supporting document (RLMT) for CSO.

Cheers
Kumar

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:11 am

UKkumar wrote:Hi koolguykvs,

So you mean my employer do not have to apply for COS, it will automatically assign with new licence application.

Some one given this info that once licence issued than from SMS system my employer have to request for CSO with my details and supporting document (RLMT) for CSO.

Cheers
Kumar
Kumar,
If i am right while applying for license your employer might have specified how many COS he needs. Its mandatory to specify and minimum is 1 COS. So in your case if its just you applying for visa then the allocation will be instant along with license approval.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:36 am

koolguykvs wrote:
UKkumar wrote:Hi koolguykvs,

Cheers
Kumar
Kumar,
If i am right while applying for license your employer might have specified how many COS he needs. Its mandatory to specify and minimum is 1 COS. So in your case if its just you applying for visa then the allocation will be instant along with license approval.
Ya agreed, there must be at least one un restricted COS allocated to your employer. Ya it is true that that COS will be assigned to you once you fulfil all the requirements like RLMT (if required).

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:42 pm

As I understand from the sponsor guidance..

1) First step is to apply for new licence. (You can request approximately how many you will need it)
2) Second step to request the COS for particular Non-EAA worker (based on RMLT supporting documents)
3) COS approved for particular Non-EAA worker and apply for Tier 2.

Is it true ?

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:49 pm

UKkumar wrote:As I understand from the sponsor guidance..

1) First step is to apply for new licence. (You can request approximately how many you will need it)
2) Second step to request the COS for particular Non-EAA worker (based on RMLT supporting documents)
3) COS approved for particular Non-EAA worker and apply for Tier 2.

Is it true ?
Slight correction here

1) First step is to apply for new licence. Your employer will mention while applying how many un-restricted COS they require and COS will be allocated to your employer accordingly. So license will come with unused COS. My company asked for one.

2) Not request. It is assigning unused COS to an applicant by the employer (surely after fulfiling all the requirements of RLMT OR if exempted due to other reasons like in shortage occupation).

3) After assigning the COS, you will enter the COS ref. no in the application form and post to UKBA for consideration. Decision and final approval rely on case worker (who decides if you are filfiling all the criterias).

sha23

License?

Post by sha23 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:30 am

Hi,

Is there any update for anyone on this thread? on the Employer Sponsor License plus the issue of Cos post it?

Will the ukba office clear all backlogs before 4th May2012?

Any news from the experts here should help

sha23

Reply?

Post by sha23 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi,

Can any expert throw some light on my previous question.? Also does first time employer license and Unrestricted Cos come at the same time?

Please help, since its been over 9 weeks since my employer submitted all requesite documents for the Sponsorship License for an Tier-2 ICT in my case.

Experts on the forum please help

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Ask your employer to ring the UKBA employers' helpline (0300 123 4699) to enquire about progress of their application for the sponsor licence.

Since you will be sponsored/employed as a Tier 2 ICT migrant no resident labour market test is necessary and once your employer has its sponsor licence with the Tier 2 ICT CoS allocation for 2012/13 they can assign a CoS to you immediately through the sponsor management system following which you can apply for entry clearance (visa).

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:28 pm

manci wrote:Ask your employer to ring the UKBA employers' helpline (0300 123 4699) to enquire about progress of their application for the sponsor licence.

Since you will be sponsored/employed as a Tier 2 ICT migrant no resident labour market test is necessary and once your employer has its sponsor licence with the Tier 2 ICT CoS allocation for 2012/13 they can assign a CoS to you immediately through the sponsor management system following which you can apply for entry clearance (visa).
Thanks for taking time out and answering my question. My employer has applied through an Agent UK Visa and Immigration. As per the agent all is fine with the application. But whats the maximum time upto which this License is granted?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 04, 2012 4:45 pm

It doesn't matter if the application was through a representative, your employer can still ring UKBA directly on the number I gave and ask about progress. If there are compelling reasons they can even ask for urgent treatment

Sponsor licences are valid for 4 years.

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:50 pm

manci wrote:It doesn't matter if the application was through a representative, your employer can still ring UKBA directly on the number I gave and ask about progress. If there are compelling reasons they can even ask for urgent treatment

Sponsor licences are valid for 4 years.
Sorry, I think u got my second question wrong. Within what time is the license granted by UKBA? Average processing time for application of licenses from employer...

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Sat May 05, 2012 9:01 am

i think your questions was answered in the starting of this thread. Time line may be from 3weeks to 3months. Depends, there is no fixed time. There are some exceptional cases like mine, was really lucky, got the license in 5 working days :D

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am

Hi All

I ring up today about Sponsorship licence which my company applied on 23rd April. They said it will be minimum 8 weeks.

Does any one have any update about Sponsorship licence winning?

Does UKBA send a hard copy of letter or email once licence is issued?

Cheers

shascool
Newly Registered

Hi UKkumar

Post by shascool » Tue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi UKkumar,

Are you sure UKBA said it will take minimum 8 weeks or it is they can take upto 8 weeks to give the licence ?

Thanks

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Tue May 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi shascool

Yes I am sure; They mentioned that they are dealing with February application.

How about you have you applied or what is your situation?

Cheers

shascool
Newly Registered

Post by shascool » Tue May 15, 2012 6:39 pm

UKkumar,

My company applied on 4th May, i was expecting it before 14th June, since salary rules changes after that. but i think now it will be delayed.

shascool

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Tue May 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi shascool

Here is my old post related to June threshold

UKkumar wrote:
Is it true that UKBA will put threshold required to sponsor a non-EU family member to £25,700 a year.

I am worried of my family member if I change from Tier4 dependent to Tier2. I can not sponsor them from June.

As per news as follow they are going to do that ? because my income is 23K pa.

http://www.immigrationmatters.co.uk/dep ... ation.html

Please i will welcome any comments!!!

Cheers
Kumar

-------------
Greenie
Guru

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:02 am Post subject: Re: Limiting income for non-EU family member to sponsor.

this is for applications for spouses of settled /British persons

sha23

Post by sha23 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:37 pm

UKkumar wrote:Hi shascool

Cheers
Just to get a sense. has anbody who has applied for a fresh sponsorship license, which would come with 1 cos applied in march and got it? Mine is a Feb submission case. Will my emplyer calling up the help desk help at ukba? when i called up they said, they cant reveal any details...how much time does it take? its been 11 weeks plus for my application already...

sha23

Post by sha23 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:24 am

UKkumar wrote:Hi shascool

Cheers
Hi Uk Kumar,

Just a question, so the sense is that they wil complete Feb applications this month itself? please calrify wht is the sense from the phone call u made?

mansoorash

Tier 2 sponsor application

Post by mansoorash » Mon May 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Initial sponsorship application for tier 2 was submitted on 13th of Mar. Almost 10 weeks have passed and we have not heard anything as yet other than a generic email stating the normal 8 weeks duration.

UKkumar
BANNED

COS inquiry to UKBA made on 23rd April

Post by UKkumar » Tue May 22, 2012 11:54 am

Hi All I ringup UKBA Tier2 helpline,
They mentioned clearly that they are dealing with end of February and beginning of March application. When I ask approximate time line he said about 3 month. They do not have ENOUGH STAFF to process our application.

UKBA charge the high fees but they do not have enough staff to look after the application, it is shame.

sha23

Re: COS inquiry to UKBA made on 23rd April

Post by sha23 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:57 pm

UKkumar wrote:Hi All I ringup UKBA Tier2 helpline,
They mentioned clearly that they are dealing with end of February and beginning of March application. When I ask approximate time line he said about 3 month. They do not have ENOUGH STAFF to process our application.

UKBA charge the high fees but they do not have enough staff to look after the application, it is shame.
thanks UKkumar for the update. Mine is an third week of Feb application. I am just praying for myself and many others like me...uk kumar u too included that we get our employer licenses soon...