ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayed because of delayed response from home office

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Semilore
Newly Registered

Overstayed because of delayed response from home office

Post by Semilore » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:00 pm

I applied for a tier 2 dependant which was refused because I had a pending appeal which wasn't fully withdrawn and my main applicant did not meet a criteria so she was refused as well. But the home office did not get back to me after knowing my application won't be treated.
They only replied me when they where ready to reply my main applicant which was 42 days later by then I had overstayed by over 28days.
I was ready to make another application but had to wait for the response from the last application.
It's quite understood that my appeal was not yet withdrawn and so my application was void but the home office contacted me twice for other reasons without informing me I had 28 days to make a fresh application.
Am now regarded as an overstayer. I have 2 children here almost 5yrs and a year plus. I got married here but need a good advice because I have been asked to start signing with the immigration already.

Kindly advice me pls.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Overstayed because of delayed response from home office

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:10 pm

[deleted]
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Re: Overstayed because of delayed response from home office

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:54 am

If your appeal is still pending, then it's unlikely that you are an overstayer.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.