I have a spouse dependent visa (TIER II ICT dependent visa valid for another 1.5 year) and am working in UK as of now .
I am pretty new to this topic however with whatever I have learnt from reading the posts ,I have following understanding about getting TIER II general visa in UK :
1) need employer with license for giving TIER II general visa in UK.This can be verified from https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf
2) check if he has done RLMT
3) once above 2 are OK and he agrees to offer you a job and sends across Job offer along with COS number you can apply to Visa application from appropriate place.
Can someone please help me get answers to following queries :
1) How does one verify if the RLMT is done or not ? I am checking by seeing the date of advertisement on his own website and checking if 4 weeks have passed
2) How does one verify and ensure that the COS number is not already used or invalid or cases like that and that too well in time before applying for visa ?
I have read few cases here in this board about invalid COS or used COS which has blotted the visa application history of the applicant .
3) If in any case there is any problem due to which my visa application is rejected ,will there be any impact on my spouse's visa .I read that in one case spouse lost job since UKBA communicated to his company that due to false doc submission (used COS number) his spouse's visa is rejected .
4) what will be the process once COS is received ?
-- should one apply thro' solicitor to avoid failure or applying on our own is enough ?
-- is there some website wherein we can check and calculate our points ?
-- since I am on spouse dependent visa (TIER II ICT dependent visa ) can I apply while staying in UK or I need to go back to my country ?
-- If the answer is go back to my country does it mean I need to physically go back and stay there till visa application is decided upon or I can apply from my country and then do bio metric and come back and wait for decision (since I already have one valid visa )
-- If I can't finish process and come back till visa decision is done ,then what will happen to my current job ? Do I need to resign before applying for TIER II general or I can take leave and go ?
-- If assuming visa application is successful ,its ok to come back on new visa but what if its unsuccessful ?Will I still have my spouse dependent visa (TIER II ICT dependent visa ) after unsuccessful visa or I don't have that as well ?
-- what would be the impact if visa application is unsuccessful ?
-- would there be any cooling period ? or would there be any period I need to wait before applying for TIER II general after returning back to my country ?
-- Are there cases where the visa approving authorities give a chance to furnish missing details instead of straightway rejecting ?
-- When should I resign from my current job ? the reason is just having an unverified COS number seems to be too risky to put at stake everything .
-- How does one judge a legitimate sponsor ? a few hint from earlier threads is to see that they don't ask for any money like COS money or visa application money etc .
-- will the sponsor employer have any role in my application process or I have to manage it on my own entirely ?