ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

queries regarding Tier 2 extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khan77
Newly Registered

queries regarding Tier 2 extension

Post by Khan77 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi!
This is a great forum with really useful info
I previously have tier 2 general visa, now I am applying for Tier 2 General visa, with the same employer but on a new contract
I shall be grateful if some one can answer these (seemingly stupid queries )

My queries are:
1. My job falls in the SOL, does my employer has to mention that on SOC or should I just tick the box in the application and pay the reduced fee?
2. Regarding the priority postal service, only first 60 applications are considered. What is the best time to email home office to get the service, in this regard?
3. Do I simply tick the option of previously been on Tier 2 general visa for maintaince of funds or should I submit bank statements?

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to answer these questions

ksk
Newly Registered

Re: queries regarding Tier 2 extension

Post by ksk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi All,

I have also some questions regarding my Tier 2 Extension and need guidance please.

I am currently on Tier 2(General) starts on Aug-2012 and ends on Aug-2015.

1)I am planning to apply in next month or so i.e., 5 ,6 months before my current expiry . is it ok? or do i lose those 6 months and would it create any problems in future for ILR especially?

2)when i apply for extension , how many years will i get 3 or 2.
(seems many people getting 3 years for extension, but i vaguely remember those days tier2 general was 3+2 and 1(total 6)).

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks,
Raja

ksk
Newly Registered

Post by ksk » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi all,
Can anyone please advice?

Many Thanks,
Raja

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Khan77 wrote:Hi!
This is a great forum with really useful info
I previously have tier 2 general visa, now I am applying for Tier 2 General visa, with the same employer but on a new contract
I shall be grateful if some one can answer these (seemingly stupid queries )

My queries are:
1. My job falls in the SOL, does my employer has to mention that on SOC or should I just tick the box in the application and pay the reduced fee?
Your employer has to mark it as SO while generating the COS. Else, you cannot apply using reduced fee.

2. Regarding the priority postal service, only first 60 applications are considered. What is the best time to email home office to get the service, in this regard?
I think it starts 8 AM daily (not sure of the time, check gov.uk for exact time). Best time will be 8.01 AM.

3. Do I simply tick the option of previously been on Tier 2 general visa for maintaince of funds or should I submit bank statements?
Bank Statements are not reqd.

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to answer these questions

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:05 pm

ksk wrote:Hi All,

I have also some questions regarding my Tier 2 Extension and need guidance please.

I am currently on Tier 2(General) starts on Aug-2012 and ends on Aug-2015.

1)I am planning to apply in next month or so i.e., 5 ,6 months before my current expiry . is it ok? or do i lose those 6 months and would it create any problems in future for ILR especially?
Yes, its fine. What do you mean by lose? Don't think you'll lose any months. Just that you'll have to shell out the application fees for your extension earlier than usual.

2)when i apply for extension , how many years will i get 3 or 2.
(seems many people getting 3 years for extension, but i vaguely remember those days tier2 general was 3+2 and 1(total 6)).
The extension will the duration mentioned in the new COS. The COS duration can be anything from 1 month to 5 years. However, you can only extend for a max of 6 years (including your previous stay in UK).

Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks,
Raja

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Dear moonlight55

in your answer to mr raja first Q re extension application 5 or 6 months before mr raja current leave expired, my understanding is that applicant can apply at earliest before 28 days of the expiry of current leave. so how come one can apply 5 or 6 months before??

please reply.
Syed

Khan77
Newly Registered

Post by Khan77 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:49 am

SYED.ZAIDI wrote:Dear moonlight55

in your answer to mr raja first Q re extension application 5 or 6 months before mr raja current leave expired, my understanding is that applicant can apply at earliest before 28 days of the expiry of current leave. so how come one can apply 5 or 6 months before??

please reply.
Syed
I guess that is if you are extending the same contract
If you are getting a new COS then it doesn't matter when u r applying, but you will have to apply for new visa before you start the job

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:33 pm

You can apply whenever you can as long as you have a valid COS. There is no rule stating that you can only apply 28 days before your leave expiry. However, you may have to undergo additional extensions (which translates to additional money) to complete your ILR period. Hence, folks normally apply closer to expiry date.

SYED.ZAIDI

Post by SYED.ZAIDI » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:59 pm

dear moonlight thanks for ur reply and clarification.

my current leave will expire in june this year and my 10 years in uk will be competed in sept this year.

so what would you advise? send extension now or wait for sometime in may? i have other two dependants as well.

many thanks
syed