ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

QUESTIONS ON Tier 2 Sponsors, costs, applications

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kdixon
Newly Registered

QUESTIONS ON Tier 2 Sponsors, costs, applications

Post by kdixon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:34 pm

I am currently looking to move to the UK to Ride/Compete horses, as i understand i would be eligible for tier 2 so long as my offer is in a certain £ bracket... (i have a degree in SWK and also some equine certifications). I also understand it would be £800 to apply for me; but here are the real questions : I have some potential offerings from small equestrian facilities, but they are unsure (as am I) of how to go about being a sponsor. What would that entail for them? How much does it cost them? I know in the states in can be thousands and am just wondering what a potential employer would need to do. It would be helpful if i could provide them with this info when asked but i am having trouble locating it! ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Kind Regards,
Katie

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: QUESTIONS ON Tier 2 Sponsors, costs, applications

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:24 pm

kdixon wrote:I am currently looking to move to the UK to Ride/Compete horses, as i understand i would be eligible for tier 2 so long as my offer is in a certain £ bracket... (i have a degree in SWK and also some equine certifications). I also understand it would be £800 to apply for me; but here are the real questions : I have some potential offerings from small equestrian facilities, but they are unsure (as am I) of how to go about being a sponsor. What would that entail for them? How much does it cost them? I know in the states in can be thousands and am just wondering what a potential employer would need to do. It would be helpful if i could provide them with this info when asked but i am having trouble locating it! ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Kind Regards,
Katie
Maybe you would like to go through this thread to get some idea..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32904

On the cost fronts.. approx

Fee for Application for sponseship - Home Office fee is either £300 (for companies with less than 50 employees) or £1000 (for companies employing 50 or more employees).

Once Sponser license is obtained by ur employer they need to get you a Certificate of Sponsership (CoS)

Fee for CoS: 170£

And when you submit your application at HO with the CoS.. you need to pay £300 approx??

But if your company may use some solicitors to do the advert+ taking care of ur application process which may cost your approx £2000 extra this may differ with diferent consultants..

Goodluck

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:55 am

when you say compete do you mean in a sporting capacity?

In tier 2 sport there will be codes of practice for each sport and the sponsor would have to get endorsement from the relevant sporting body.

Re TVN Ramesh's reply - you will not need to go to the Home Office because you are not here are you? You're in USA so you would need entry clearance (visa) as well as the certificate of sponsorship (CoS) from the sponsor.

Small sponsors sometimes find it hard to register in my experience and they are often reluctant to do so.

For sport if you're not bothered about living here very long term there is a also tier 5. The sponsor would pay £400 for a T5 licence. The criteria are looser for T5 but T5 does not lead to any settlement rights here. 12 months max usually.

kdixon
Newly Registered

Post by kdixon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:27 pm

Thank you for the tips and aprox figures! i amin the UK now justlooking for work but obviously not working at this point. I am not sure if i can come under tier 5 because of my lack of earning power(recent college graduate/limited savings and earning power) and am not at the very top of my sport... or did i miss something there and i can apply under tier 5? I was tryig to come with BUNAC, but the US is now non-participating so i am unable, andcan't find an equivilant program! It has prooven to be very exhausting and difficult with this economic climate...

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:26 pm

oh, didn't realise you were here. You can't switch into any of these categories in-country. You'd have to leave and come back with entry clearance and CoS.

Tier 5 relevant to some sportsmen but there's still a code of practice to abide by, which makes it tricky. But Tier 2 would probably be a total non-starter for you.

As jockey / equestrian sportsman you could only really come here to take part in competitions unless you are at the very top of your game. Taking a job here is nigh on impossible. They only gave work permits to top jockeys like Cash Asmussen etc, and that was because they'd built up fantastic reputations in their home country first.

I would not fancy a stable's chances of being able to issue you with a tier 2 certificate because it requires advertising the job, proving no EU person can do it, meeting certain other criteria. In fact it looks like tier 2 is just about to become open to shortage occupations only. I doubt if anything equestrian is deemed a shortage occupation.

But I'm getting out of area of expertise now so I better belt up.

Sorry.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:08 am

Actually it turns out that "Skilled work rider" IS on the shortage occupation list. 3 or more years paid experience plus licensed by the British Horseracing Authority.

rob911

Post by rob911 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:26 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
kdixon wrote:I am currently looking to move to the UK to Ride/Compete horses, as i understand i would be eligible for tier 2 so long as my offer is in a certain £ bracket... (i have a degree in SWK and also some equine certifications). I also understand it would be £800 to apply for me; but here are the real questions : I have some potential offerings from small equestrian facilities, but they are unsure (as am I) of how to go about being a sponsor. What would that entail for them? How much does it cost them? I know in the states in can be thousands and am just wondering what a potential employer would need to do. It would be helpful if i could provide them with this info when asked but i am having trouble locating it! ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Kind Regards,
Katie
Maybe you would like to go through this thread to get some idea..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32904

On the cost fronts.. approx

Fee for Application for sponseship - Home Office fee is either £300 (for companies with less than 50 employees) or £1000 (for companies employing 50 or more employees).

Once Sponser license is obtained by ur employer they need to get you a Certificate of Sponsership (CoS)

Fee for CoS: 170£

And when you submit your application at HO with the CoS.. you need to pay £300 approx??

But if your company may use some solicitors to do the advert+ taking care of ur application process which may cost your approx £2000 extra this may differ with diferent consultants..

Goodluck
There is no fee for CoS. See; http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ificate-of

For FLR based on an issued CoS, the fee is £400.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 am

rob911 wrote:There is no fee for CoS. See; http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ificate-of
rob911, you linked to information about the Certificate of Approval, which has to do with applications to marry in the UK. The employer must still pay £170 to issue each Certificate of Sponsorship that is required for PBS Tier 2 applications.