ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request Urgent Input on NARIC English certificate - Tier 2 G

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

acdindian
India

Request Urgent Input on NARIC English certificate - Tier 2 G

Post by acdindian » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Dear All,

I would like to thank you all for reading my post.

My wife is applying for Tier 2 General visa (from home country) and as per the latest norms she needs to get her Bachelor's Degree and English language levels certified by NARIC.

She has done her Bachelor's of Engineering from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka, India.

I called up NARIC to check if the Degree and English language specification conform to UK standards.

While they confirmed that Bachelor's degree from India is equivalent to UK Bachelor's, they did not comment on the English language levels.

We are currently in UK and have to travel to India in 3 weeks time to apply for my wife's tier 2 visa (Home country application).

I wanted to check if someone has had experience with Indian English language levels being certified by NARIC, else, I am concerned that she will have to take the English language test separately, for which we will not have enough time, if we wait for the report from NARIC (if it turns out to be negative).

Request your kind inputs please.

Regards
Ash

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Request Urgent Input on NARIC English certificate - Tier

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

acdindian
India

Re: Request Urgent Input on NARIC English certificate - Tier

Post by acdindian » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Thanks CR001

I have gone through the above link. But my situation is that we will not know until the actual Certificate comes whether my wife meets the English levels. If not she would have to take the English test. Hence wanted to check if someone has used the Service before and what their English level has been assessed as by NARIC

Thank you
Regards
Ash