ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsor's licence revoked !!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

susanw
Newly Registered

sponsor's licence revoked !!

Post by susanw » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi.

I hope someone can help. My sponsor has had his licence revoked due to incomplete information. He wants to appeal but I am wondering what this means for myself and my husband. We have not received any information from the ukba in regards to our visas. Will they give us notice if our visas are revoked?
Can we apply to change to a different category (we are considering the entrepreneurs bisa - seekng bank on Tuesday)?
Is there anything else we should or could do.
Thank you any and all help is appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:20 pm

Do you mean suspended or revoked completely? There is a difference. Wait, You don't need to act unless and until the UKBA curtail your leave.

Read Annex 4 of the policy guidance

susanw
Newly Registered

Post by susanw » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:33 pm

The letter says he has bern removed from the list of registered sponsors. And that he can no longer sponsor me. But we have gotten no correspondence in regards to our visas....

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:20 am

I think once a licence has been revoked your sponsorship ends and you might only have 28 days to do something about it.

You can change sponsor or apply for some other category (as long as switching into that category is allowed in-country).

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:37 am

susanw wrote:The letter says he has bern removed from the list of registered sponsors. And that he can no longer sponsor me. But we have gotten no correspondence in regards to our visas....
does the letter say that they can no longer sponsor you personally or that they can no longer sponsor new migrants? In the latter case the licence would only have been suspended rather than revoked.

susanw
Newly Registered

Post by susanw » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:23 am

Hi. I speak under correction but I think it states he can no longer sponsor me. I will have to double check and confirm.

Thank you for the advice so far greatly appreciated.

susanw
Newly Registered

Post by susanw » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi. The letter states that the sponsorship license has been revoked and that from that date he is no longer licenced to continue to sponsor employees or issue further CoS.
Still no correspondence to myself in regards to my visa.
Tnx

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:09 pm

From the T2 sponsor guidance:

WHAT HAPPENS TO MY SPONSORED MIGRANTS IF MY LICENCE IS REVOKED?

690. If we revoke your licence, we will:
a) Immediately end (curtail) the permission to stay in the UK, or worker authorisation of any
migrants whom we believe were actively involved (complicit) in any dishonesty by you
(for example, if the migrant agreed that you would arrange a non-existent job for them so
they could come to the UK); and
b) reduce the length of the worker authorisation, or permission to stay in the UK of any other migrants (those who were not actively involved) to 60 calendar days, to give them a chance to find a new sponsor. (If the migrant has less than 60 days of their leave or worker authorisation remaining, we will not curtail).

691. In the first case above, any migrant with Tier 2 or Tier 5 leave will have to leave the UK or face enforced removal. In the second case above, they will also have to leave or face enforced removal if, at the end of the 60 calendar days, they have not found a new sponsor.

susanw
Newly Registered

Post by susanw » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:21 pm

Does the ukba have to imform the sponsored employees of this curtailing of leave? Or is it up to the employer?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 pm

The HO will inform you, see para 231 of the T2 policy guidance. Look for another sponsor in the meantime

susanw
Newly Registered

Post by susanw » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:13 pm

Thank you. I am yes looking at all sorts of avenues. Any tips on the ideal place to look for employers willing to sponsor?

Thanks again for all the help. :)

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:13 am

I've been in a similar situation and a good immigration lawyer told me not to wait for UKBA letter and just consider my leave curtailed. I found a new sponsor barely in time. The letter never came.

sancha

Post by sancha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:47 am

Hi
I am in same position, I have not received any letter from UKBA. I have university offer with me for January intake. Finding another employer/new job is impossible in 60 days. Can I switch to Tier-4 immediately or wait for UKBA letter. I think I can switch from Tier-2(General) to Tier-4 without problem (please correct me if I am wrong). Please reply and advise from your experience the best way to cope up with this difficult time.
Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:18 am

you can switch from T2 to T4 but need to consider the requirements
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... inside-uk/
(link to the full guidance on the right hand side)

sancha

Post by sancha » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks
I completed MSc in 2010. I started mba (21month duration) in Jan 2011 but left mba in Sept 2011 and got certificate in business admin for my completed study. From Sept 2011, I am on PSW and then Tier2 (General). Can I go for tier-4 application for MBA now and will it meet the requirements of academic progression? I am worried because in past (2011), I was granted leave to remain for mba course which I left and switched to PSW so thinking how ukba will take this if I submit my tier-4 application for mba now. I will be grateful for your advise and help to me.
Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:54 pm

suggest you contact the international student advisor at the uni where you think of continuing your studies, or contact UKCISA

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... in-the-UK/
student advice line:
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... vice-line/

susanw
Newly Registered

Post by susanw » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:25 am

If your leave is curtailed, can you still travel abroad. Our shengen visas are still valid till end dec and our uk leave is still valid also.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:17 pm

susanw wrote:If your leave is curtailed, can you still travel abroad. Our shengen visas are still valid till end dec and our uk leave is still valid also.
This is incorrect. Curtailed leave lapses when the migrant leaves the UK and re-entry is not allowed during the curtailment period. See p130:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

susanw
Newly Registered

Post by susanw » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Ok ty

Nabhu
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Nabhu » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:57 am

manci wrote:From the T2 sponsor guidance:

WHAT HAPPENS TO MY SPONSORED MIGRANTS IF MY LICENCE IS REVOKED?

690. If we revoke your licence, we will:
a) Immediately end (curtail) the permission to stay in the UK, or worker authorisation of any
migrants whom we believe were actively involved (complicit) in any dishonesty by you
(for example, if the migrant agreed that you would arrange a non-existent job for them so
they could come to the UK); and
b) reduce the length of the worker authorisation, or permission to stay in the UK of any other migrants (those who were not actively involved) to 60 calendar days, to give them a chance to find a new sponsor. (If the migrant has less than 60 days of their leave or worker authorisation remaining, we will not curtail).
I have the similar problem. My employer got his licences revoked and I am looking for new sponsor who can sponcer me. But the problem is,my job title is creative culinarian. While changing the sponcer does it has to be the same job title or I can switch to other shortage occupation list. Need to know ASAP .also next thing I have a dependent with me can she work during my sponcer licence is revoked??:(
691. In the first case above, any migrant with Tier 2 or Tier 5 leave will have to leave the UK or face enforced removal. In the second case above, they will also have to leave or face enforced removal if, at the end of the 60 calendar days, they have not found a new sponsor.

Nabhu
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Nabhu » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:59 am

The Station Agent wrote:I think once a licence has been revoked your sponsorship ends and you might only have 28 days to do something about it.

You can change sponsor or apply for some other category (as long as switching into that category is allowed in-country).

I have the similar problem. My employer got his licences revoked and I am looking for new sponsor who can sponsor me. But the problem is,my job title is creative culinarian. While changing the sponsor does it has to be the same job title or I can switch to other shortage occupation list. Need to know ASAP .also next thing I have a dependent with me can she work during my sponsor licence is revoked??:(

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: sponsor's licence revoked !!

Post by iworker » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:18 am

you can switch to any soc code job as long as it is nvq level 6 and rlmt is carried out and you are paid at appropriate rate.
your dependent can carry on working, however if your leave is curtailed, her leave will be curtailed as well.

Sunshine07
Newly Registered

Re: urgent need terminated by tier 2 employer

Post by Sunshine07 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi I was in band 3 nurse since December 2015 but I couldn't achieve band 7 each in ielts . Today my employer terminated me from his sponsorship saying that I didn't meet the requirement as the rule has changed from April 2015 which says band 3 nurse must have ielts within 8 months but nothing was mentioned like that in my COS... Really in terrible situation.. I completed my Bsc nursing from uk so would like to know is there any chance to switch over in other short list post within this 60 days notice.Need help ASAP ...

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: urgent need terminated by tier 2 employer

Post by manci » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Sunshine07 wrote:Hi I was in band 3 nurse since December 2015 but I couldn't achieve band 7 each in ielts . Today my employer terminated me from his sponsorship saying that I didn't meet the requirement as the rule has changed from April 2015 which says band 3 nurse must have ielts within 8 months but nothing was mentioned like that in my COS... Really in terrible situation.. I completed my Bsc nursing from uk so would like to know is there any chance to switch over in other short list post within this 60 days notice.Need help ASAP ...

Thanks
this is a duplicate post and it is in the wrong thread
see:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 74734.html