ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa rejected for Marriage Certificate Completeness

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

itzlittu
Newly Registered

Spouse visa rejected for Marriage Certificate Completeness

Post by itzlittu » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi

Probably this would have discussed in the forum earlier, but I could not get any post with similar query.

My Marriage is on 6th June 2010, I took Marriage Certificate in July 2011 (after 13months), that is jus before I am applying for Visa.

Visa for my spouse has been rejected with the reason that why there is a delay of 13months. I have appealed the same explaining the reasons why it got delayed. Appeal authority has dismissed appeal with, as per the guidelines he should have some legal document

Comments from Judge:
1. I have considered the documentation that has been supplied. I find myself in some difficulty over this application because there is for example evidence of the wedding reception by way of an invitation and there is also a copy certificate of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act and this was registered on 30th July 2011and supported by a notarised affidavit. On the face of it, it would seem that this is sufficient evidence that the appellant and sponsor were married.
2. But the Rules are very strict on these points, and the Entry Oearance
Manager makes it clear or that a Certificate of Marriage dated 30th July 2011is not sufficient".What has been produced is a Certificate dated by a registrar on 30th July 2011that"the appellant and sponsor had declared that the marriage had taken place on 6th June 2010. But there was not a registered document relating from that date and signed by the Registrar at the time of the marriage. It seems that this is necessary in order to comply with the Rules and because of this I am not in a position to allow the appeal.
3. It would be sincerely hoped that the appellant could now obtain the
necessary document and supply it direct to the ECO's Department in the hopes that with such a document, which specifically is a registered Marriage Certificate dating from the date of the marriage, a visa could be issued without further delay to the appellant who understandably wishes to join her husband. As it is, because the concerns of the ECO have not been addressed, I am not in a position to allow the appeal

I have provided the Marriage invitation Cards, Notary affidavit with date of Marriage and infact, Marriage certificate also mentions the date of marriage.
I am in dilema what else I can provide to prove or which document I can obtain now effective from marriage date.

With this info now... can someone suggest how I can proceed further here.

Thank you all in advance for your help
Nagender T

johnjkjk

Post by johnjkjk » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Do you have a compelling reason as to why you didn't get your marriage registered for a year?