ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 before course completion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rjr
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 before course completion

Post by rjr » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi All,
I am currently pursuing my MSc degree in UK. The course will be completed in September. I have secured a job here which I need to start working as soon as I finish my course. Hence I need to switch to Tier 2 prior to my course completion. Is it possible to do the switch from UK or do I need to apply from my home country?

Thank You.

nasmc92
Mood:

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 before course completion

Post by nasmc92 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:43 pm

You need to finish your course prior to your application. HO needs evidence of your UK degree to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 as it exempt the RLMT. so one cannot apply prior to course completion

the only option is that University/college issue a letter that you have finished your course but that is only possible when you have passed the course and you have no paper evidence like transcript or degree.I managed to get the same letter when I switched to Tier 2 . but letter does say that course finished Month/year .

So completion of course is compulsory

if your leave expire before you get your results then unfortunately you need to go back and apply from home country

rjr
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 before course completion

Post by rjr » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Thank you for clarifying!