ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from tier 4 to tier 2 work contract query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nixrine
Newly Registered

switching from tier 4 to tier 2 work contract query

Post by nixrine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Hello! I hope you can help. I am currently looking for jobs to switch from tier 4 to tier 2 and I have two queries:

1- Does the contract have to be full-time or could it be part-time? and if that's the case, how much would the minimum required salary be?

2- what is the minimal length of the contract? does it need to be for one year or could it be less? and how would it reflect on the required salary?

I really appreciate any advice on this. I still have got less than three months on my tier 4 visa and time is running out quickly. Thank you so much for all your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: switching from tier 4 to tier 2 work contract query

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:32 pm

1- Does the contract have to be full-time or could it be part-time? and if that's the case, how much would the minimum required salary be?
Full time, 30 hours minimum. Salary depends on what your line of work will be and what SOC is applicable.
2- what is the minimal length of the contract? does it need to be for one year or could it be less? and how would it reflect on the required salary
A CoS is usually for 2 or 3 years.

What is your ultimate aim in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nixrine
Newly Registered

Post by nixrine » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Thank you so much Char! My ultimate aim is to settle in the UK. I got the possibility of a contract for six months part-time within the minimum required salary. so not sure if it would be accepted by the Home Office.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:01 pm

I don't believe that will be acceptable for a Tier 2 General visa.

Is this with an HO approved sponsor or through an umbrella company?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.