ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General - English language reqmt

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General - English language reqmt

Post by Mobiusrex » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:28 am

Hi there , I am planning to switch from Tier 1 general to Tier 2 general. I have proven my English language requirement in 2011 via my degree certificate as part of Tier 1 application .

As part of my Tier 2 application do I need to get a NARIC certification for my degree ? The new form seems to indicate that.

My wife had proven her qualifications as a Tier 1 dependant .

Is anyone able to advise if NARIC certificate is mandatory in my case for Tier 2 general ? Thanks in advance

geriatrix

Re: Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General - English language reqm

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:47 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

Post by Mobiusrex » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Thank you for the quick response Sushdmehta.

I seem to have overlooked a bullet point under paragraph 136 which states the below

you have met the English language requirements when given a previous grant of leave; or

This provides the right level of clarity to me. Cheers

Mobiusrex
Newly Registered

Post by Mobiusrex » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi guys, I got my Tier 2 General visa approved today . Based on the guidance document and advice from my solicitor I did not submit my Degree certificate as a proof of English language requirement as I had proven it as part of my previous Tier 1 visa.

During the course of my interview I was advised that my application was being put on hold for 2 weeks as I had not submitted evidence for English language requirement. The case worker said that since I was switching Tiers , previous evidences did not apply and I need to submit documents again to prove that I meet the English language requirement .

Thankfully I had my degree certificate and showed the case worker that my university appears on the Points calculator using my mobile phone . The case worker was happy to reconsider his decision based on this and the application was approved later.

I am sharing this information here so that if any one is in a similar position to me , I suggest that you carry your certificates with you regardless of what is advised by your company/solicitor