ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 BIOMETRIC INVITATION LETTER DELAY IN NOVEMBER 2011

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DMKA
Newly Registered

TIER 2 BIOMETRIC INVITATION LETTER DELAY IN NOVEMBER 2011

Post by DMKA » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi,

I am going to change my employment on Tier-2 visa. I tried to apply in premium service for faster response, unfortunately, there was no appointment available in over three months-- a frustrating point and it is also ridiculous. However, then I sent my application by post on 21/10/2011 with a hope that everything is likely to be processed in 4-5 working weeks. Now I am quite dissapointed as I have not yet got Biometric invitation letter despite getting acknowledgement letter in a few days of application. Initially, I thought It could be missed from post and I was planning to phone to UKBA. But when I read similar problem here, I have been greatly assured. I am wondering what's happening with UKBA: it was not like this in last year.
I have shared this hoping it will mollify worries in others who have similar problem.

pacvenkatesh
Newly Registered

Regarding BRP Letter

Post by pacvenkatesh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks for your post dude, I am also waiting for the BRP letter applied to Tier 2 Visa (General) on 29/10/2011. Guys if anyone was in same suituation please post your updates.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Unless you have not received a biometric enrolment letter / email within 30 working days of "date of application", there is nothing to worry about.

Post timelines in this topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

DMKA
Newly Registered

Post by DMKA » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Unless you have not received a biometric enrolment letter / email within 30 working days of "date of application", there is nothing to worry about.

Post timelines in this topic.
Thanks--I will call Home office after 30 days --Hope we all get it sooner--

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:43 pm

delay in giving biometrics doesn't necessarily affect overall visa timeline right?
cuz caseworker wouldnt have a look at the application until after 3 weeks (at least) or so anyway?

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 am

Hi folks

I was getting worried about not getting the biomteric invitation letter- slightly assured to see that many of us are in the same boat!

Our money was taken from account on 3rd November. Still havent received the biometric letter invitation.. Pls do keep posting your updates on the timelines as well as on this thread if possible.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 am

arsenal49 wrote:delay in giving biometrics doesn't necessarily affect overall visa timeline right?
cuz caseworker wouldnt have a look at the application until after 3 weeks (at least) or so anyway?
the application is not looked at until biometrics are given, so yes, the longer it takes for the biometric letter to come out, the longer it takes for biometrics to be given, and thus the longer it takes for the application to be decided.

DMKA
Newly Registered

Re: Regarding BRP Letter

Post by DMKA » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:14 pm

pacvenkatesh wrote:Thanks for your post dude, I am also waiting for the BRP letter applied to Tier 2 Visa (General) on 29/10/2011. Guys if anyone was in same suituation please post your updates.
Hi guys,

I have received my biometric invitatioon letter today and within a 2 hours of getting the letter I have done with biometric details in postoffice.
My time lines:

Date of application: 21/10/2011
Date of acknowledgement letter: 27/10/2011
Date of biometric invitation letter: 10/11/2011 ( Letter is dated 07/11/2011)

I am now waiting for decision.

Pray for me guys. Wishing all of you best of luck.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:25 pm

1. You should receive your biometric enrolment letter within 6 weeks of the date of application.
2. You can expect your leave to remain application to be decided within 14 weeks of submitting the biometrics.

Post timelines in the sticky topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!