ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bisho79
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent child

Post by bisho79 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi all:

I hope someone can help me with this. I on a Tier 2 visa working for the NHS since 2014. I have 2 kids with me holding the same visa. I have an eldest third child, aged 13, still living and studying in Egypt. That child is from a previous relationship and living with her mother, but I still fully fund and hold responsibility of her. I would like to bring her to the UK at some point before she turns 16, as I understand after that age she would be treated as an adult and I would not be able to do that.

Ideally, she would like to stay in Egypt till just before she turns 16, but if thats not possible I am willing to sacrifice that. As you see I would be projected to get my ILR at some point in 2019, at which point she would have turned 15, and my citizenship in 2020, at which point she would be 16.

Can someone please advise me on this matter and how I can achieve it?

Much obliged to anyone who give some advice over this matter.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 dependent child

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:03 pm

In the UK, age 18 is considered adult NOT age 16.

You might struggle to bring a child form another relationship as you will not be able to prove sole responsibility if the child lives with mother.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bisho79
Newly Registered

Post by bisho79 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:08 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I am aware of that. Any advice on how to proceed with this? Guidelines? Professional advice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:46 am

There have been refusals with members trying this, so be prepared. The UK and HO are signed up to the protection of children and specifically to reduce child trafficking and parental abductions. Such applications as you want to make are heavily scrutinised.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... onsibility
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bisho79
Newly Registered

Post by bisho79 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:03 am

Thanks again.

I am not sure I follow here. Is the issue to prove I am the sole provider or the issue to prove non-parental abduction?

I can try and prove both. Me and the child's mother are in agreement about this. It's just how to make a convincing application. I don't want to just go online and supply what i think they want and get refused.

Any help about that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:55 pm

Both. You have to proved you have sole responsibility for the child with the relevant official documentation. This seems impossible as the child lives with their mother.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bisho79
Newly Registered

Post by bisho79 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Thank you again for all your help.

I realise that a more detailed and tailored help might be needed in this situation. Would you recommend hiring some form of professional advice to go ahead in such situations?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:53 pm

It is up to you but you need to remember that a solicitor or OISC advisor might not necessarily know how to go about this but will gladly take your money. They do often get the simplest of immigration/visa applications very very wrong.

Any recommendations of solicitors or advisors are not permitted to be posted on the forum, in case you were going to ask.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bisho79
Newly Registered

Post by bisho79 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Thank you so much. That's exactly what I thought about getting this kind of help in my application.

You did mention that there has been refusals on applications like this. I tried searching the forums in the hopes that I could communicate with any of the refusals, or hopefully one of the successful ones, to maybe give me some tips of their experience on the matter.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:20 am

There was a user about a year ago who tried to bring her child on her PBS visa as a dependent and was refused due to her spouse not applying for a visa at the same time as the spouse was staying in home country due to having a good job etc.

A lot of refusals of this sort also happen with children of previous relationships, whose parent in the UK has ILR or step children whose overseas parents refuse to cooperate, once case being where the member applied 3 times and was refused all three times.

When I have some time, I will see if I can find some links for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bisho79
Newly Registered

Post by bisho79 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:08 am

Please do. Thank you very much