ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension - Biometric letter not received

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aplinhar
Mood:
Brazil

Tier 2 Extension - Biometric letter not received

Post by aplinhar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:01 am

Dear all,

I've submitted my Tier 2 extension last Thursday 13/10/16 and changed to priority straight away in the next day (14/10).

So, the priority request service said my deadline would be 27/10!

The problem is: I have not received the biometric letter yet and I saw the timeline of some people that used priority and even the standard service, receiving the letter 1 week after the application was submitted.

So, I called HO yesterday and the first person said to write an e-mail to appointment expectations@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
I did this and apart from an automatic answer, nobody answered me in that e-mail.

Again, I just called HO again and the attendant had no regards and was stupid with me saying they can't check the progress and there is nothing that could be done (he didn't even mention the e-mail, so he didn't even care to give me a decent answer).

So, is there anything I can do? HO is pretty difficult to reach since I work all day and during lunch time I can't get hold of someone. Also, they don't help anyway.

Is there any other way of contacting them about my letter? The second guy said the 10 day for the priority service is not guaranteed, so I don't know if there is something wrong with my application and they are not telling me OR they are just lazy to check about the letter and don't care about the deadline for the priority service.

Any help is appreciated.

I am a very anxious person and this is the reason I paid for the priority, but it seems it can take a week more and HO doesn't really care about it.

Regards,