ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oj.bulmer

Tier 2 Extension queries

Post by oj.bulmer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi

My current Tier 2 general visa will expire in Feb 2016 and had some queries regarding the extension.

1) Currently my salary is £31,827 but experienced rate salary in my code (2126) is £32,100. Should I ask my employer to increase my salary now and inform UKVI about the same through SMS, or should I wait until extension and ask my employer to put salary of £32,100 on CoS then? If employer agrees to increase it now by £273 to £32,100, does he have to inform about it at all, given that this is such a small amount?

2) Should I ask my employer to ask for unrestricted CoS allocation now? I know it is a bit early but I read that this can take upto 18 weeks so I am a bit concerned to leave it to later date.

3) I will be elligible for ILR in 2018. We typically get yearly bonus during June and or December. After my extension, if I ask my employer to increase my salary in lieu of bonus, would it be acceptable, given the fact that all other employees will get bonus but I won't, but I will have increased salary?

Would appreciate any helpful replies.

Thanks!