ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 Extension Queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

matwalaboy
Newly Registered

Tier-2 Extension Queries

Post by matwalaboy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Hello All,

My current Tier-2 General expires on the 17th of January, 2017. I am with the same company although my role has slightly changed. I am wondering if I should already start the renewal discussions with the company and request them to get the ball rolling or do I still have some time?

My 2nd child was born this year, so she doesn't yet have a visa - I am assuming she will get a dependent visa whenever my visa gets renewed - no additional formalities to be completed?

Your help is much appreciated as always.

Regards

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier-2 Extension Queries

Post by moonlight55 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Your can start your visa extension process now.

Yes, you need to apply for a dependent visa for her as well. I'm assuming you have her passport and birth certificate.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier-2 Extension Queries

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:30 pm

matwalaboy wrote:Hello All,

My current Tier-2 General expires on the 17th of January, 2017. I am with the same company although my role has slightly changed. I am wondering if I should already start the renewal discussions with the company and request them to get the ball rolling or do I still have some time?

My 2nd child was born this year, so she doesn't yet have a visa - I am assuming she will get a dependent visa whenever my visa gets renewed - no additional formalities to be completed?

Your help is much appreciated as always.

Regards
if your role has changed, you need to find out if your new role is still in the same SOC as the role used for your current visa. If your new role and the old role has same SOC then you can apply for extension anytime before your cuurent visa expires. Although I'd advise that you start the process now. There appears to be some back logs and your application might take more than 8 weeks to process if you opt for the standard application.
if your new role falls in a different SOC from your last role, then you will need to apply for new visa rather than extension. And your company will need to carry out RLMT. This must be carrefully done and ensure that the right documents are provided

Confirm where you stand and make your application as soon as possible. January 17 is closer than you think.