ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

damnmad
Australia

Post by damnmad » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 am

ldn_girl wrote:
catchhster wrote: Hi yes you can pro rate the salary down to 37.hours. You have to mention the hours working in your COS. So what is your SOC code and salary based on 39hrs?

If your salary is pro rated down then is it still 300 pounds less? I was 75pounds less but my employer sorted it out for me. i am sure 300 will not be an issue.

And Yes you are a new entrant as your are 25yrs old or switching from PSW so dont worry abt this.
Thanks for your reply catchhster,

When my salary is pro rated, it is about £500 more than the minimum required, so I am relieved :)

Do you know by any chance where my employer will have to indicate how many hours per week I work? Is there a separate box for that in SMS when they fill in my CoS details? (Sorry, already posted this question in another thread, but have not got any response yet :) )

Many thanks for your help!
While assigning the allocated COS to you, your company need to mention all details about you and your job. At that time they need to fill everything.
Never mind!!!

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:55 am

damnmad wrote: While assigning the allocated COS to you, your company need to mention all details about you and your job. At that time they need to fill everything.
So from what you are saying, there is no way they can possibly go wrong with it... That's fine then! Just want to be sure they do state my hours in there :)

Thanks a lot for the comment :)

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:01 am

ldn_girl wrote:
catchhster wrote: Hi yes you can pro rate the salary down to 37.hours. You have to mention the hours working in your COS. So what is your SOC code and salary based on 39hrs?

If your salary is pro rated down then is it still 300 pounds less? I was 75pounds less but my employer sorted it out for me. i am sure 300 will not be an issue.

And Yes you are a new entrant as your are 25yrs old or switching from PSW so dont worry abt this.
Thanks for your reply catchhster,

When my salary is pro rated, it is about £500 more than the minimum required, so I am relieved :)

Do you know by any chance where my employer will have to indicate how many hours per week I work? Is there a separate box for that in SMS when they fill in my CoS details? (Sorry, already posted this question in another thread, but have not got any response yet :) )

Many thanks for your help!
Yes you can pro rate I can confirm this as My salary is less than that shown in SOC Code for 39 hrs. I work 37.5 hrs so i prorated it down and I got my visa without any issue.

Hi yes there is a box in SMS which asks for your contractual hours

please check page 6 of this doc : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Sivakumar

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:06 am

ldn_girl wrote:
damnmad wrote: While assigning the allocated COS to you, your company need to mention all details about you and your job. At that time they need to fill everything.
So from what you are saying, there is no way they can possibly go wrong with it... That's fine then! Just want to be sure they do state my hours in there :)

Thanks a lot for the comment :)
There is a chance that your employer makes mistakes in SMS as some of the text boxes in SMS are free box and can write anything. SO please go through the SMS guidelines doc I posted prev and Sit with your employer while assigning the COS. Go through every aspect twice. Print the COS compare it with your application then ask your employer to assign. Many ppl make silly mistakes around the COS and end up spending a lot on solicitors.
Sivakumar

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:07 am

catchhster wrote: Yes you can pro rate I can confirm this as My salary is less than that shown in SOC Code for 39 hrs. I work 37.5 hrs so i prorated it down and I got my visa without any issue.

Hi yes there is a box in SMS which asks for your contractual hours

please check page 6 of this doc : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Wow that's fabulous! Thanks so much! :roll:

ajayajay
Newly Registered

Post by ajayajay » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:49 pm

[quote="ldn_girl"][quote="catchhster"]
ind_girl: have you got your COS?

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 pm

ajayajay wrote:have you got your COS?
Hello ajayajay,

Yea, we've got one allocated (an email has come today).
We are still in the middle of slightly re-formulating my job description to make it match the ones given in the codes of practice closer... Hope I can have my CoS assigned to me by the end of this week :) fingers crossed

ajayajay
Newly Registered

Post by ajayajay » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:56 pm

ldn_girl wrote:
ajayajay wrote:have you got your COS?
Hello ajayajay,

Yea, we've got one allocated (an email has come today).
We are still in the middle of slightly re-formulating my job description to make it match the ones given in the codes of practice closer... Hope I can have my CoS assigned to me by the end of this week :) fingers crossed
Thanks for your reply! My sponsor (A-rated) helped me to apply for a unrestricted COS on 28 May 2013 but nothing yet. How long it takes to get the COS in your case?

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:04 pm

ajayajay wrote: Thanks for your reply! My sponsor (A-rated) helped me to apply for a unrestricted COS on 28 May 2013 but nothing yet. How long it takes to get the COS in your case?
Hmmm actually I still need to confirm with our HR whether mine was allocated. Because our HR lady told me today that she had received an email from UKBA saying something like 'your request for an unrestricted CoS has been granted'... From the past experience, emails from UKBA are really really confusing at times, so I still need to confirm whether this really means that an UCoS was allocated for me. If this is the case, then it took us around a week to get it...

In your case, it's been 2 weeks since your employer applied... So I guess it's still within standard processing times (based on what other people say). But you can also ask your HR to chase them about it (in some cases it helps - again, based on what I read on this forum).

Hope yours gets approved soon :)

ajayajay
Newly Registered

Post by ajayajay » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:27 pm

ldn_girl wrote:
ajayajay wrote:

Hope yours gets approved soon :)
Thanks. I did not find any information on UCOS allocation time from the HO website. I asked this because I have already booked the PEO for visa application. I am afraid that I can not get the COS ...

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:35 pm

ajayajay wrote: Thanks. I did not find any information on UCOS allocation time from the HO website. I asked this because I have already booked the PEO for visa application. I am afraid that I can not get the COS ...
Yea, in that case it's more of a problem :( I really hope you can get it on time and be able to attend the appointment. Keep us updated about your situation.

ajayajay
Newly Registered

Post by ajayajay » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:45 pm

ldn_girl wrote:
ajayajay wrote: Thanks. I did not find any information on UCOS allocation time from the HO website. I asked this because I have already booked the PEO for visa application. I am afraid that I can not get the COS ...
Yea, in that case it's more of a problem :( I really hope you can get it on time and be able to attend the appointment. Keep us updated about your situation.
Yes, I will.

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi again everyone,

I've finally got my CoS assigned, and I'm going to post my CoS number to UKBA tomorrow. Not really sure about a few points, so would be really grateful if someone can share their experience...

1. I am going to write a cover letter and mention my CoS number in it. Is there anything you would recommend to include in the cover letter? E.g. why I previously applied without CoS etc. etc.

2. My CoS start date is 20th June 2013 because the SMS does not allow to enter a date in the past... My visa expired a month ago, so obviously there is a mismatch... Will this cause any issues? Do I need to explain the mismatch in the cover letter?

3. Would it be better if my employer write a cover letter as well? Or mine would be enough?

Thanks in advance for your comments :)

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:23 pm

ldn_girl wrote:Hi again everyone,

I've finally got my CoS assigned, and I'm going to post my CoS number to UKBA tomorrow. Not really sure about a few points, so would be really grateful if someone can share their experience...

1. I am going to write a cover letter and mention my CoS number in it. Is there anything you would recommend to include in the cover letter? E.g. why I previously applied without CoS etc. etc.

2. My CoS start date is 20th June 2013 because the SMS does not allow to enter a date in the past... My visa expired a month ago, so obviously there is a mismatch... Will this cause any issues? Do I need to explain the mismatch in the cover letter?

3. Would it be better if my employer write a cover letter as well? Or mine would be enough?

Thanks in advance for your comments :)
Hi idn-girl

firstly don't worry the cover letter is not necessary but usefull

1. Please include the reference number you received from UKBA (find it in the Ack letter from UKBA)

2. Do not worry about the COS start date I did the same UKBA conformed that it is not an issue

3.You will have to write this cover letter yourself as this is regarding your application not the COS. So i recommend you write the letter

In the letter firstly give the your application ref number(from ack letter this is imp as your letter will be forwarded to your application easily)

then put the employee license number and your COS reference number ( dont mix up!!!)

clearly mention that due to the reasons you were not able to submit the cos now that you received the SMS then my apployer assigned the cos for your reference i am writting this letter with the details of my COS (i.e ref etc) write some thing simple.
Sivakumar

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:04 pm

catchhster wrote: Hi idn-girl

1. Please include the reference number you received from UKBA (find it in the Ack letter from UKBA)

2. Do not worry about the COS start date I did the same UKBA conformed that it is not an issue

3.You will have to write this cover letter yourself as this is regarding your application not the COS. So i recommend you write the letter

In the letter firstly give the your application ref number(from ack letter this is imp as your letter will be forwarded to your application easily)

then put the employee license number and your COS reference number ( dont mix up!!!)

clearly mention that due to the reasons you were not able to submit the cos now that you received the SMS then my apployer assigned the cos for your reference i am writting this letter with the details of my COS (i.e ref etc) write some thing simple.
Hi catchhster,

Thanks for your reply :) It's been really helpful. Will write it up tonight and post tomorrow, and fingers crossed it will be fine :)

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:06 pm

ldn_girl wrote:
catchhster wrote: Hi idn-girl

Hi catchhster,

Thanks for your reply :) It's been really helpful. Will write it up tonight and post tomorrow, and fingers crossed it will be fine :)

dont worry even if you dont post it everything will happen automatically as when the case worker access your file they will be able to see the COS assigned to you so they wont be able to reject the application
Sivakumar

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:55 am

Hi again!

Would be great if someone could advise urgently.

Today our HR have received a letter from my caseworker. Here it is:

I have just received your Tier 2 General (Switching) application in respect of XXX.

Before I process this application I would like to draw your attention to the minimum salary requirements as stated in the UK Border Agency Codes of Practice valid from 06 April 2013. You have stated the Job Type as 2423 Management consultants and business analysts.

If you wish to amend the salary to be paid to the applicant this amount can be amended in the sponsor notes section of the COS. If you wish the salary details to remain the same then I will process the application as it stands.

If you need assistance in adding the sponsor notes please contact the Sponsor Helpline on 0300 123 4699.

The minimum required salary for this code is 22,300. Mine is 22,000, but I work 37.5 hours a week, not 39. That's why we thought this salary should be alright. IF so, why are they asking something like that? What do you think our reply should be?

Many thanks in advance.

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:19 am

Do you qualify as a 'new entrant'? If not the Home Office will expect you to earn at the higher rate (£29,500 for a 39 hour week).

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:36 am

ldn_girl wrote:Hi again!

Would be great if someone could advise urgently.

Today our HR have received a letter from my caseworker. Here it is:

I have just received your Tier 2 General (Switching) application in respect of XXX.

Before I process this application I would like to draw your attention to the minimum salary requirements as stated in the UK Border Agency Codes of Practice valid from 06 April 2013. You have stated the Job Type as 2423 Management consultants and business analysts.

If you wish to amend the salary to be paid to the applicant this amount can be amended in the sponsor notes section of the COS. If you wish the salary details to remain the same then I will process the application as it stands.

If you need assistance in adding the sponsor notes please contact the Sponsor Helpline on 0300 123 4699.

The minimum required salary for this code is 22,300. Mine is 22,000, but I work 37.5 hours a week, not 39. That's why we thought this salary should be alright. IF so, why are they asking something like that? What do you think our reply should be?

Many thanks in advance.

Did you clearly mention that 3.5 hours in COS?

I would thoroughly check the COS again to see any mistakes made.

i would ask your employer to email the case worker directly stating that you work 37.5 hours and when pro rated your salary is appropriate.

Case woker migh not be aware that your work 37.5 hours...

aslo jeevs mention i know you are a new entrant but check if you have clearly mentioned that you are switching from PSW ...

also check the soc code and see if you job description matches ???
Sivakumar

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 am

Hi everyone,

Yes, I am new entrant (as switching from PSW), and we stated 37.5 hours in the CoS.

Anyway, now it's alright. My HR sent an email clarifying why I satisfy the minimum requirement. The UKBA person has apologised for confusion and said they would process the applicatio nthis afternoon :)

Thank you for the fast reply! Much appreciated :D

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:06 am

catchhster wrote: aslo jeevs mention i know you are a new entrant but check if you have clearly mentioned that you are switching from PSW ...

Hi catchhser,

Thanks for your comment.

I agree. The fact that I am switching from PSW can be sort of obvious to me or to you... But how does a caseworker check it? I am only asking because I don't know how I could state it even clearer, you know what I mean? :) There are not so many fields in the application form to mention this fact. So hopefully the UKBA won't miss this detail :)

As for the job description, I think our HR managed to use UKBA words and phrases to describe my role... Hope it works alright :)

Thank you for replying so quickly once again!

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:40 pm

ldn_girl wrote:
catchhster wrote: aslo jeevs mention i know you are a new entrant but check if you have clearly mentioned that you are switching from PSW ...

Hi catchhser,

Thanks for your comment.

I agree. The fact that I am switching from PSW can be sort of obvious to me or to you... But how does a caseworker check it? I am only asking because I don't know how I could state it even clearer, you know what I mean? :) There are not so many fields in the application form to mention this fact. So hopefully the UKBA won't miss this detail :)

As for the job description, I think our HR managed to use UKBA words and phrases to describe my role... Hope it works alright :)

Hi idn girl

I mean the COS assigned by your employee. you need to mention in the fields how many hours u work for i.e 37.5 hours and make sure you have mentioned the same in your application. Did you check your COS?

this is critical i think there must be something wrong in cos that is why case worker had email your employee...
Sivakumar

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:43 pm

catchhster wrote:
ldn_girl wrote:

Hi catchhser,

Thanks for your comment.

Hi idn girl

I mean the COS assigned by your employee. you need to mention in the fields how many hours u work for i.e 37.5 hours and make sure you have mentioned the same in your application. Did you check your COS?

this is critical i think there must be something wrong in cos that is why case worker had email your employee...

Sorry ignore the above i dint see you prev post ...so everything alrite now??? Case worker only bothers more about what is COS than in you application so its all good then ...you will get your visa soon..
Sivakumar

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:24 pm

catchhster wrote: Sorry ignore the above i dint see you prev post ...so everything alrite now??? Case worker only bothers more about what is COS than in you application so its all good then ...you will get your visa soon..
Thanks! Yes, the rest of it is hopefully alright :)

ldn_girl
Newly Registered

Post by ldn_girl » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi everyone!

Good news, my visa has been approved!! Collected my documents from the post office yesterday. Now waiting for the biometric card :D

So happy and relieved now.

Huge thank you to everyone who helped with advice, it was reeeeally helpful.

Good luck to everyone whose applications are still pending!

Cheers,