ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier-2 General from Tier-4 Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Switching to Tier-2 General from Tier-4 Dependant

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello Friends,

Can someone be kind enough to answer the following questions please

As we all know that a tier-4 dependant needs restricted cos to switch to Tier-2 General, how it differs from un-restricted cos, I mean which COS will be easier for the employer to obtain? or are they both similar process?

I was on tier-2 General visa for 2 years and all of sudden my employer made me redundant. I have now switched to tier-4 dependant and my current employer is willing to sponsor me but don't know whether I need New Entrant Salary or Experienced rate?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Vamshi

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching to Tier-2 General from Tier-4 Dependant

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:20 am

How long have you been on Tier 4 Dependent visa?

12 month cooling off period will apply and you will have to apply for a new Tier 2 G visa from your home country. Likely experienced rate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - change of Employer

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Hi Friends,

Need your valuable advise for the below questions I have

I on Tier-2 General visa and my employer made me redundant this April and its been 6 months now and I didn't receive any 60 days letter from Home Office till date, after inquiring from my employer they never informed the Home Office regarding my redundancy thinking it's a responsibility of the employee so Home Office is not aware of this redundancy, never mind now I found a new job and new sponsor and they already initiated the process of RLMT and very shortly they will issue me with a new COS

1- My Question is does the Home Office by chance checks the National Insurance contribution to see if I am still with my previous employer or they only concentrate on the new employer

2- Which option is better, standard application by post or same day Premium ?

3- What If I go for the same day premium service and if they find out about my redundancy, will they still process my new visa, stop me or anything else, I don't know I am just thinking stupid?

Thanking you in advance

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General - change of Employer

Post by sah10406 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Why have you posted this in the Tier 4 forum?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:25 pm

Moved and merged with previous post.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vamshibaka1988
Newly Registered

Post by vamshibaka1988 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:20 am

Hi Vinny, Just realized that I have posted this in wrong group, can you please remove the old topic
"Switching to Tier-2 General from Tier-4 Dependant" , its creating confusion ...Thanks