ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 GENERAL COOLING OFF PERIOD work for a Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashwinjshetty
Newly Registered

TIER 2 GENERAL COOLING OFF PERIOD work for a Tier 2 General

Post by ashwinjshetty » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi All,

How does TIER 2 GENERAL COOLING OFF PERIOD work for a Tier 2 general Visa Holder?

Scenario Explained Below:

I was granted Tier 2 General Visa in 2013 for 2 years (June 2013 - July 2015). After completion of 2 years, I got my Visa extended for another 3 years (July 2015 to July 2018).

But then I changed my employer, I got a new Tier 2 sponsor from the new employer from October 2015 to October 2016(1 Year).I lost my job in January 2016 and received a letter from UKBA asking me to leave the country by June 2016, As per UKBA advise I did leave the country by June 2016.

Can some please guide me on the cooling off period rule - In my case, can I apply for my Tier 2 visa from the day I lost my job i.e. January 2017 (As I lost my job on 28th January 2016) or do I need to wait till June 2017 as I moved out UK on 26th June 2016.

Now I have a new opportunity in UK and they are ready to sponsor Tier 2 Visa but then I'm a bit confused whether to apply for the visa in the month of Jan 2017 or June 2017.

Can someone please clarify my confusion and give me a valid input on the cooling off period.

Thanks,

Londoner001
India

Re: TIER 2 GENERAL COOLING OFF PERIOD work for a Tier 2 Gene

Post by Londoner001 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi ,
I believe the cool-off period applies only for people who are having six years as Tier 2 General Visa.
So after 6 years if you want to extend your visa again as Tier2 General, then you need o have cool-off period of one year after which you can apply again under Tier 2 General.

Hope this answers.

Forum please correct me me if i am wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER 2 GENERAL COOLING OFF PERIOD work for a Tier 2 Gene

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:58 pm

SaiBilla wrote:Hi ,
I believe the cool-off period applies only for people who are having six years as Tier 2 General Visa.
So after 6 years if you want to extend your visa again as Tier2 General, then you need o have cool-off period of one year after which you can apply again under Tier 2 General.

Hope this answers.

Forum please correct me me if i am wrong.
You are wrong.

The cooling off period starts from the date the OP left the UK regardless if how long he has been on tier 2 visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.