ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependant visa change for new employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dineshkumarvp
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependant visa change for new employer

Post by dineshkumarvp » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi,
I have got an Tier 2(General) visa on 03-June-2011 and came to UK on 24-Feb-2012. My wife got a visa as dependant on 29-FEB-2012 from India.But, she couldn't come to UK because of maternity.We have all necessary maternity documents.
I have changed my sponsor on 15-July-2013 with my new COS in UK and my wife visa got changed on 08-Aug-2013 from India for my new sponsor. She came to UK by September-2013.

I will apply my ILR application on Feb-2017.Now my question is that, does my wife can apply ILR with me for Tier 2 general - dependant 2 years route(before 09-July-2012) ? (or) does she needs to apply in 5 year route(After 9th july 2012 changes)?

can somebody help me?

Regards,
Dinesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Dependant visa change for new employer

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:39 pm

She needs 5 years residence because she applied from India for a new entry clearance in August 2013 and she did not enter on previous visa at all so it wasn't 'activated'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.