ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Dependent Visa holder- Employment status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saumya99
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Dependent Visa holder- Employment status

Post by Saumya99 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi ,
I am going to get a Tier 2 UK general Visa sponsored by my current employer in India.The employer has assured me of taking care of my spouse's Visa too.
I am bit confused on what type of Visa (travel or dependent) my husband will require.

This is what we want-
My husband is in a government job in India.
We want to travel together for the first time (from India to UK). After arriving in UK, my husband wants to search jobs in UK for one month and if he finds some good option, he will resign from his job in India (there is three months notice period so he will have to come back to India to serve the notice period). And if he does not get a good option, he will come back to India and will continue with his current job and wll keep visiting me in UK in every 3-4 months.
We are asking our Visa consulting firm to get a dependent visa for my husband. Will it work? I mean will we be able to do what we want with dependent visa? Is there any restriction on the employment of the dependent outside UK? do we need to show some Resignation proof (or some permit to leave India for prescheduled time) from his current employer?
Is there any restriction that a dependent visa holder can not go back to his country?
Will it be a legal issue if he gets a dependent visa and does not stay in UK for more than one month?

Do you suggest that we get a visitor visa (instead of dependent visa) for him for flying the first time and when he has a offer letter from UK employer, he can came back and then apply for a dependent visa through the same Visa consulting firm (expenses to be borne by my current employer)?

If you have any better workable suggestion, pls let me know.
Looking for help and guidance.

Thanks in Advance

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 General Dependent Visa holder- Employment status

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Your spouse can search and take up a job in UK legally while on dependent visa. No issues with it.

There is no rule stating that dependent cannot go back to home country. He can make go and come back to UK as long as you are legally working in UK.

Do not try to search for jobs using business visa. You are not allowed to do that. If at a later point of time, home office comes to know about it, they are in their right to cancel the work visa.

Saumya99
Newly Registered

Post by Saumya99 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:44 am

moonlight55 wrote: There is no rule stating that dependent cannot go back to home country. He can make go and come back to UK as long as you are legally working in UK.

Do not try to search for jobs using business visa. You are not allowed to do that. If at a later point of time, home office comes to know about it, they are in their right to cancel the work visa.
Thank u so much for the response.
however my query is not addressed yet. I wanted to know that does an applicant for Tier 2 general dependent Visa who is currently working in India need to show that he has resigned from his current employer. and if answer is yes, then when does it need to be shown (at the time of entering into UK or at the time of interview at UK Visa office in India)?

As I mentioned in my original post, I do not want my husband to quit his government job in India before he gets a good option in UK.
so what are the options; should we apply for a visitor visa for him and he accompany me in my first vist to UK , he search for jobs there and when he gets a offer letter in UK, he will come back and apply for a Tier 2 dependent visa?

I am looking for advise from anyone who can help.

Porus

Post by Porus » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:58 am

Saumya,
THere is no rule or requirement for Tier 2 General dependent applicant to show resignation letter for his/her visa to be granted.
So let your husband apply ( check key documents required from this forum like marriage certificate+maintenance funds )and get his dependent visa .

arkrr
Newly Registered

Post by arkrr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:25 am

Are you saying that the newly planned rule of not allowing dependants to work - will be applicable for the existing dependants as well ? What is this cut off date funda? So once you a dependant is employed, he can not change his job - after the cut off date?

Saumya99
Newly Registered

Post by Saumya99 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks a ton Porus for this response.
Porus wrote:Saumya,
THere is no rule or requirement for Tier 2 General dependent applicant to show resignation letter for his/her visa to be granted.
So let your husband apply ( check key documents required from this forum like marriage certificate+maintenance funds )and get his dependent visa .
I got to know the same from my employer's visa consultant that no resignation letter or leave grant letter is required for Tier 2 General dependent Visa applicant (other key documents I have). I will go ahead with dependent visa application for him.