ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - second employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

derreckhardy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - second employment

Post by derreckhardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi I need advise on the second employment section in the Tier 2 General Visa category.

I currently have a Tier 2 Genearl Visa from a sponsored employer. However, I have been offered an opportunity to work part time (less than 16 hours oustiside my current employment), related to the same work I do for my sponsored employer. As an accountant, the job sector is not on the shortage occupation list.

The information of the Tier 2 general Govenment webpage is a bit vague and says:

"You’ll need to make a new Tier 2 (General) visa application if you want to do a second job that isn’t in the same sector as your main job or isn’t voluntary work.

You can do a second job (up to 20 hours a week) if it’s on the shortage list without making a new application.

You’ll need to be sponsored by your second employer and get a new certificate of sponsorship if you make a new application. "

However, it does not say whether I would need to make a new visa application if the job sector is not on the shortage occupation list but is in the same category, (same work as I do for the main sponsor). Furthermore, should the employer offering the part time employment need to be a Tier 2 registered sponsor as well?

Would appreciate if anyone knowing this let me know

Regards

geriatrix

Re: Tier 2 General - second employment

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Supplementary employment wrote:In addition to the job specified on the certificate of sponsorship (CoS), the applicant can do extra work if it is:
  • in either a job on the shortage occupation list or a job in the same sector and at the same professional level as the work for which the CoS was assigned
  • no more than 20 hours a week
  • outside the working hours covered by the CoS
If they meet the above requirements the applicant does not need to inform the Home Office before taking extra work.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

derreckhardy
Newly Registered

Post by derreckhardy » Sun May 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Perfect! Thanks!

kiranc
Newly Registered

Post by kiranc » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:03 pm

derreckhardy wrote:Perfect! Thanks!
Hi,
I'm in the similar position and my employer is ready to give some extra work outside of my regular work on Tier 2 (General):

1) Does it has to be as a supplementary employment

2) or Can I start my limited company and provide service

Which one would be simper/easier?

As guidance says we don't have to inform Home office before taking extra work means we have to inform later when we are applying for ILR?

Many thanks in advance.