ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general visa actual status

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

irshadmohammed
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general visa actual status

Post by irshadmohammed » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:57 am

I have been issued Tier2 general visa on 15-06-2016 valid until 15-06-2019,I have been working there for 2 months from 16-06-2016 to 12-09-2016 and moved to India due to some personal problems and informed the same to my employer that cant be back to UK.when i checked today with the employer to come back again they said they have cancelled my COS but didn't get any acknowledgement.I want to come back to UK

1)Now can i travel with the same visa ?
2)Can i look for a another job and get new visa after reaching there with the existing visa ?
3)If my COS is cancelled still can i travel as UK permits 2 months grace period to stay.

How to check when my COS has been cancelled or not.

Need your suggestions

Regards
Irshad

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: TIER2 GENERAL VISA ACTUAL STATUS

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:03 am

CoS is 'used' once you apply for your visa, so irrelevant for the purpose of your question. More likely that your sponsor has informed UKVI that you have left your job and the UK and your visa has been curtailed/cancelled.

Very difficult for you to get back into the UK if you are 'unemployed' on your current visa, assuming your employer terminated your job.

Tier 2 G migrants who are outside the UK are not issued with a curtailment letter, the visa is simply cancelled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

irshadmohammed
Newly Registered

Re: TIER2 GENERAL VISA ACTUAL STATUS

Post by irshadmohammed » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:27 am

If my uk employer confirms that he dint cancel or terminate me then it is possible to travel with same visa and under the same employer right.

I have to produce any doctor certificate or some other documents for a 2 months not being in the UK ?

eduleal

Re: Tier 2 general visa actual status

Post by eduleal » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:53 am

The advice is to always tell the truth. Was this medical leave?

You could have issues if you have stopped working for your employer for those months (or even for one month) without a maternity, paternity or sick leave justification.

Were you still getting paid?
Was the arrangement that this was temporary leave or that you would leave the company? This is very important.

irshadmohammed
Newly Registered

Tier 2 general visa

Post by irshadmohammed » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 pm

I have been issued with UK visa on 15/06/2016 and have been worked there for few months and have resigned and came back to India last month.my old visa will expire on 2019
Now I got new sponsor he is ready to sponsor me can i apply for new tier 2 visa ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:20 pm

irshadmohammed wrote:I have been issued with UK visa on 15/06/2016 and have been worked there for few months and have resigned and came back to India last month.my old visa will expire on 2019
Now I got new sponsor he is ready to sponsor me can i apply for new tier 2 visa ?
As you left the UK, you will now be subject to the 12 month cooling off period before you can apply for another Tier 2 General visa, calculated from the date you left the UK.

It is always best to provide accurate information when you post, otherwise we are just guessing and wasting out time responding.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.