ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT - new rules applicable ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PBanerjee
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT - new rules applicable ?

Post by PBanerjee » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:20 am

I am in UK from 7th Feb 2011 on tier 2 (ICT) on a long duration of 2 yrs. I want to settle down in UK permanently. What are my options ?

According to the new rules applicable on 6th April 2011 onwards, after 5 yrs I have to go out of the country for 1 yr. Is it applicable on me too although I cam in Feb 2011 ?

Also, I want to change to Tier 2 (general) with the sponsorship of a new employer. is it possible now after the new rules have come in, or I am exempt from it.

Any help in this regard would be highly helpful.

Thanks!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 am

PBanerjee wrote:I am in UK from 7th Feb 2011 on tier 2 (ICT) on a long duration of 2 yrs. I want to settle down in UK permanently. What are my options ?
None - anyone who applied for Tier 2 (ICT) after 06-April-10 is not eligible for settlement, even under the current rules (245ZH(b)(x)).
PBanerjee wrote:Also, I want to change to Tier 2 (general) with the sponsorship of a new employer. is it possible now after the new rules have come in, or I am exempt from it.
Only if you apply before 06-Apr-11. After 06-Apr-11, you'll not be able to switch (245HD(b)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

PBanerjee
Newly Registered

Can the same company apply for Tier 2 from ICT

Post by PBanerjee » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT. I want to settle down permanently in UK. On asking the visa dept. I was told - I have to be on ICT - tier 2 for 5 yrs and on nearing completion of the same they will apply for permanent visa.

Is this true ? Or I have to apply for Tier 2 visa through the same company (as I dont wanna change my employer) ? and then after I get my Tier 2 visa , apply for permanent residency?

Can someone pls advise on the route to be taken in my case ? I have completed 1 yr on ICT in London.

Thanks in advance.