ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wiqram

TIER 2 ICT ( Long Term )

Post by wiqram » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:16 pm

in addition to my previous question on switch from T2 ICT to T2 General.

I first came to UK on Work Permit, from there on, i have extended my visa every year for the past 4 years and in that process have changed the visa status from WP to TIER 2 ICT to TIER 2 ICT (Established Staff) and more recently to TIER 2 ICT ( Long Term leave to remain ).

Now in this case, will i still be considered to have a TIER 2 ICT under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010?

I cannot see the TIER 2 ICT ( Long Term Leave to remain ) as one of the visa types that can be switched to TIER 2 General.

Moreover, currently there are some proposals to implement a minimum salary limit to apply for ILR, does anyone know the latest on this?

Mayan12

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - approved

Post by Mayan12 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi - I applied for the switching and the application has been approved. Any questions do let me know

-Mayan

gupta_ust

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - approved

Post by gupta_ust » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Mayan12 wrote:Hi - I applied for the switching and the application has been approved. Any questions do let me know

-Mayan
Congratulations...Mayan...after a very long time period I have heard a news of relief in this forum.. :)

I have T2 ICT (issued before Apr'10) which got extended recently. But for extension, employer issued COS which says "T2 Long Term Staff". Does that mean I cannot now apply within country for swiching to T2 -G? Am I no more covered under rules in place before Apr'10?

Do anyone know that for extending T2 ICT, is there a different type of COS which should be issued by employer rather than issuing COS - Long term staff as if it is a new application?

Agastya80

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General - approved

Post by Agastya80 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Mayan12 wrote:Hi - I applied for the switching and the application has been approved. Any questions do let me know

-Mayan
Congrats, Mayan! This is certainly great news.
I’ve got few questions and would appreciate if you could share your experience please –
after passing RLMT how much time did it take to get Unrestricted COS? Could you share timescale of your application?
As it was a switch application did you have to provide evidence for Maintenance Fund and English Language requirement?
Thanks!

Mayan12

Post by Mayan12 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi,

Time lines:
Job advertised: 14th Dec
COS issued(change of employment): 20th Jan
Visa Application PEO: 3 Feb
Approval letter: same day.

Yes I did provide the proof of proficiency in English. Maintenance was assured by the A- Rated sponsor.

-Mayan

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:25 pm

Mayan12 wrote:Hi,

Time lines:
Job advertised: 14th Dec
COS issued(change of employment): 20th Jan
Visa Application PEO: 3 Feb
Approval letter: same day.

Yes I did provide the proof of proficiency in English. Maintenance was assured by the A- Rated sponsor.

-Mayan
Thanks for your reply, Mate.
Sorry for being a pain, but was your application for change of employment with same employer or different employer from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General?
Thanks!

Mayan12

Post by Mayan12 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:14 am

np - the CoS was issued by a different employer.

-Mayan

smoothraj

Post by smoothraj » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Mayan12 wrote:np - the CoS was issued by a different employer.

-Mayan
Hi Mayan -
Congratulations !
I had a few questions and would be grateful if you can answer some of them -

did you make an in person application (i think this service maybe known as fast track premium or same day service) ..

you mentioned that you received an approval letter on the same day.. what does the letter say - does it outline the next steps in terms of biometric card application etc?

the appointment booked by the immigration consultant hired by your new employer?

In terms of documentation ... Along with the copy of unrestricted tier-2 gen CoS did your new employer also ask you to submit documents related to RLMT (resident Labour Market test) that they would have conducted?

thanks!
Raj

Mayan12

Post by Mayan12 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:03 am

Hi Raj,

Yes Raj - It was PEO appointment - It is not needed, I did it because I was hard pressed for time.

Approval letter doesn't say much(it's a normal letter talking about the BRP card)

Yes - I did go through a solicitor( but again this is not necessary - I went for his service, as they had some appointments with PEO)

The CoS will have the details of the RMLT

Happy to be of any help - Do let me know if you have any questions

-Mayan

smoothraj

Post by smoothraj » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Mayan12 wrote:Hi Raj,

Yes Raj - It was PEO appointment - It is not needed, I did it because I was hard pressed for time.

Approval letter doesn't say much(it's a normal letter talking about the BRP card)

Yes - I did go through a solicitor( but again this is not necessary - I went for his service, as they had some appointments with PEO)

-Mayan
Thanks Mayan.
i do have some follow up questions actually :)

did you resign from your existing employer before making the application or just after your received the approval letter? :wink:

can you PM me your solicitior's contact details (is he/she based in London).. i have checked with 2 immigration consultants here in london and neither of them have any fast track appointments?

do you know if you are allowed to change your mind after the tier-2 gen is granted say your existing employer offered you twice the salary to retain you .. can you ask UKBA to cancel the tier-2 gen work permit and allow you to continue working on your current tier-2 ICT and extend later down the year when it expires?

thanks!

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:58 pm

-Mayan
Hi Mayan,
Thanks for answering our questions. I've got some doubts and it would be great if you could share your thoughts.
There are some underlying changes in coming few months, one of such change will potentially impact all those who entered into Tier 2 General after 2011 and that they will be subject to new guidelines(not yet published) when applying for ILR. As you have indicated that you applied through a consultant and I am assuming that it must have been discussed between you and consultant that if you switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General, will it impact your eligibility for ILR in anyways?
I know nobody at this stage knows what the new changes will be for Tier 2 General but maybe some indication you might have had come across with?
Thanks!

Mayan12

Post by Mayan12 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 am

Hi Raj,

I resigned after I got the approval letter. The Solicitor informed me that they have stopped the fast track appointments temperorily.

I don't know the answer "if we can cancel the Tier 2" - but it was clearly stated in the approval letter that my old visa is no longer valid.

Hi Agastya.
No Agastya - I used the Solicitors service only for appointment (700 pounds) and I was not interested in anything more, as the conversation was not interesting. I think, I did manage to meet most of the immigration consultants on that day @ PEO and I would say most of the moderators in this forum know a lot more than the so called consultants (I am forced to believe(giving the benefit of doubt to the solicitors), that we in this forum are a worry a lot on trivial things - There must be some big complications in immigration where the consultant’s service is required). I also believe PBS application processing by the ukba folks is a Tick in the box exercise. And because of multiple rule changes in the past 3 years – We analyze all the permutation and combinations that are coming out, I mean only WE .
-Mayan

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:27 pm

I resigned after I got the approval letter. The Solicitor informed me that they have stopped the fast track appointments temperorily.

I don't know the answer "if we can cancel the Tier 2" - but it was clearly stated in the approval letter that my old visa is no longer valid.

Hi Agastya.
No Agastya - I used the Solicitors service only for appointment (700 pounds) and I was not interested in anything more, as the conversation was not interesting. I think, I did manage to meet most of the immigration consultants on that day @ PEO and I would say most of the moderators in this forum know a lot more than the so called consultants (I am forced to believe(giving the benefit of doubt to the solicitors), that we in this forum are a worry a lot on trivial things - There must be some big complications in immigration where the consultant’s service is required). I also believe PBS application processing by the ukba folks is a Tick in the box exercise. And because of multiple rule changes in the past 3 years – We analyze all the permutation and combinations that are coming out, I mean only WE .
-Mayan
Hi Mayan, thanks for your reply, mate. I do agree with you that Moderators in this forum know lot more than the consultants out there. We are very lucky to have these people around as their pooled knowledge and experience is shared here with us. Thumbs up for all Moderators.
Thanks!

smoothraj

Post by smoothraj » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks Mayan!

@sudhdmehta

is it true that UKBA has stopped issuing appointment slots for Tier-2 premium service (in-person) applications?

as i understand the new process is as follows:

1. Submit application using the new online service
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... r25-online
2. Choose standard (post) or premium (in-person) service.
3. if premium service is chosen then the appointment must take place within 45 working days of your application date.
4. you need to book an appointment using the following link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/book-appointment

can you please validate this?

Also are you aware of the earliest time slots being offered by UKBA for the premium service?

thanks!
regards
Raj

IndianatUK
Newly Registered

Post by IndianatUK » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Have you got any reply from UKBA?

[quote="Agastya80"]Thanks for your posts Argiebee and Sushdmehta.

I've also sent an email to UKBA asking for a clarification and hope will get some response soon. I'll post their response here.[/quote]

h_s_b
Newly Registered

Post by h_s_b » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:14 am

Hi All,
I have very recently joined this forum and already find it very useful and the members and moderators being very helpful and knowledgeable. I have some queries related to switching job in Tier 2 ICT within UK, so would be really grateful if someone can answer my below queries:
1. What is Established staff category. How can I find whether I hold a Established staff category Tier 2 ICT Visa or not? I checked my Visa page on passport and didnt find anything like this. I am having Tier 2 ICT Visa since last 2 years which is about to expire in May 2012. Does it mean that I belong to Established staff category?
2. What is advantage or dis-advantage of switching to Tier 2 ICT and Tier 2 General
3. If my new employer is a MNC, based out of India and having a branch in UK, can they still sponsor me under Tier 2 General category?

Many thanks in advance.

Hemal.

SamLuther
Newly Registered

Transfer or Extending Tier 2 ICT

Post by SamLuther » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:42 pm

I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT - short term staff visa which is valid from Jun 13 2011 to Jun 13 2012. I work for an Indian company but now my client wants to hire me before my visa expires! Is there a chance for me to transfer the sponsor or to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General? If these options are not possible can my client sponsor me again when I go back to India even if they dont have an office in India? If all these options are not possible, can you think of any other process?
Hoping one you guys would give a quick answer since time is very short :) Would appreciate it very much.

Agastya80

Re: Transfer or Extending Tier 2 ICT

Post by Agastya80 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:55 pm

SamLuther wrote:I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT - short term staff visa which is valid from Jun 13 2011 to Jun 13 2012. I work for an Indian company but now my client wants to hire me before my visa expires! Is there a chance for me to transfer the sponsor or to switch from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General? If these options are not possible can my client sponsor me again when I go back to India even if they dont have an office in India? If all these options are not possible, can you think of any other process?
Hoping one you guys would give a quick answer since time is very short :) Would appreciate it very much.
Tier 2 ICT short term staff cannot switch in-country to Tier 2 General.
Sponsor doesn't need to have office in your native country to sponsor you. I would suggest you acquaint yourself with Tier 2 rules on the UKBA website.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/#
Thanks!

ping2ashish
Newly Registered

Re: Transfer or Extending Tier 2 ICT

Post by ping2ashish » Fri May 25, 2012 1:58 am

Hi Agastya80,
I would appreciate if you can answer my query:
I came to UK in Nov 2010 with Tier2 ICT Estab Staff and it was valid till Nov 2011, I applied for extension and now my VISA is valid till Nov 2013 and reads TIER2 ICT Long Term.
Now I want to change my Employer and to do that I have to get a COS from new Employer and Apply for Tier2 General VISA..

Am I eligible to switch my category inside UK?

Really appreciate if you can answer this
Thanks in advance.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 25, 2012 10:38 am

Switching from Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 2 (G)

The topic is being locked as the issue has been addressed and answer to the query already available (as above).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!