ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 scam

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

foolboy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 scam

Post by foolboy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:48 am

I think i have been scammed. i was offered a job as business development manager in a company.I filled the form passed a interview but the interview and the form fill was not done in the company it was different hired office where they call they do clerical work. I got COS from the company and i applied for tier 2 visa. Now the problem is that i found there are other people call them as a scammers. They said me they were in similar situation and when they called home office for they were told that the address you say was your old address can we confirm new address and your application is on process.
That means those scammers have our details and once we apply for the visa they write HO a letter giving the new address...It is because if HO reject the application on basis of fake COS applicant may not know about it.

I am in confusing situation the manager who took my interview does not pick up the phone.Oviously i paid some money for the agent for finding me the sponsor has disappeared. It's been 2 months i have applied for tier2 application.

Please can anyone suggest please what should i do? Please

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 scam

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:33 pm

There are a few questions you have to ask yourself :

You paid an agent - why would you do that to get a job? It is illegal in the UK to charge for that "service " Recruitment businesses are not able to charge for finding roles to the candidate. So that on its own suggests you are not getting a real job.
The BDM role is the most common fake role under Tier 2 so no surprise that was the role offered. What your describing is a common scam, you are essentially buying a tier 2 visa and you will be contracted out to whatever low level activity they can charge you out for.
The change of address is even more concerning as if you are granted a visa the new address will receive the passport and BRP will go to that address. So someone else will be in possession of your documents.

One way or another you are party to a dubious scheme that is not going to lead to anything positive in the long term.

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:There are a few questions you have to ask yourself :

You paid an agent - why would you do that to get a job? It is illegal in the UK to charge for that "service " Recruitment businesses are not able to charge for finding roles to the candidate. So that on its own suggests you are not getting a real job.
The BDM role is the most common bad quality role under Tier 2 so no surprise that was the role offered. What your describing is a common scam, you are essentially buying a tier 2 visa and you will be contracted out to whatever low level activity they can charge you out for.
The change of address is even more concerning as if you are granted a visa the new address will receive the passport and BRP will go to that address. So someone else will be in possession of your documents.

One way or another you are party to a dubious scheme that is not going to lead to anything positive in the long term.

I would call a scam is a wrong way. That's what people get into it otherwise why would i call it a scam in first place. I didn't pay a great amount. i paid a little fee for them it was a kind of requirement company type who made me fill the 5 pages form for the company's name head page. I know i was bit disparate to get a well paid job but this is how you learn.
If you go in an office which is not a small one. They ask you to fill a form which is proper noted, including the terms and conditions. They have a receptionist who is actually a good professional fraud model. They conduct an appointomet call for interview and pass you in interview and offer the job title. Then you don't think it is a scam.

I am looking for a solution i have already done mistake. please it's not time to discuss of my mistake help me find a solution please.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:23 pm

There is no solution unless you get another Sponsor.
First thing ensure the address for your documents to be returned to is your actual address.
At least they will not have your docs and you will have the decision sent to you.
As for the rest - wait and see what happens.
What visa were you on before or are you applying from outside the Uk?

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:17 am

Frontier Mole wrote:There is no solution unless you get another Sponsor.
First thing ensure the address for your documents to be returned to is your actual address.
At least they will not have your docs and you will have the decision sent to you.
As for the rest - wait and see what happens.
What visa were you on before or are you applying from outside the Uk?

I applied from UK. Of course got fooled by attractive easy words. I was on tier 4 student visa for last 7 yrs.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:28 am

How did you hear about the job?
This company you visited, what do they do? What were you actually going to do as a job?
Are they a contractor firm, recruitment or something like that?
Did they talk about how much you are going to get paid?

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:How did you hear about the job?
This company you visited, what do they do? What were you actually going to do as a job?

They are a proper frauds. People like us are looking for easy opportunities. They call themselves a recruitment agency but they say they look after CV preparation documentations etc including finding sponsors and helping to apply for the visa which is a lie and the professionals. i found out them from one of our mate, he found out from gumtree he said.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:15 pm

foolboy wrote:

They are a proper frauds. People like us are looking for easy opportunities. They call themselves a recruitment agency but they say they look after CV preparation documentations etc including finding sponsors and helping to apply for the visa which is a lie and the professionals. i found out them from one of our mate, he found out from gumtree he said.
Lol!

You're not going to get a T2 as a 'Business Development Manager' with no experience straight out of school...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

todayrefused
Newly Registered

Post by todayrefused » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:06 pm

whats the name of those people..one of my mate also got into the same fraud..

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:30 pm

todayrefused wrote:whats the name of those people..one of my mate also got into the same fraud..
"Amita Solutions"
Good luck to them if they can take my money from me let them enjoy cause they were smart and cheated me.

There are more than 40 students scammed. Some of them even found out scammer's home address i don't think they can hide but well i am still in shock ...
Last edited by foolboy on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Wanderer wrote:
foolboy wrote:

Lol!

You're not going to get a T2 as a 'Business Development Manager' with no experience straight out of school...

YA ...lol for you guys but it's serious to me and have been scammed and can't change it. I am not looking back past is past i am trying to find the solution.

todayrefused
Newly Registered

Post by todayrefused » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:44 pm

wow,same bro .he is in same boat.

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:06 pm

todayrefused wrote:wow,same bro .he is in same boat.
HI do you know what has he planned next??

todayrefused
Newly Registered

Post by todayrefused » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:32 pm

no idea have to confirm with him..check your pm

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:45 pm

todayrefused wrote:no idea have to confirm with him..check your pm

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature. That's what it says

todayrefused
Newly Registered

Post by todayrefused » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

you basically need minimum of 10 post..

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:26 pm

today refused wrote:you basically need minimum of 10 post..
ok

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:26 pm

foolboy wrote:
today refused wrote:you basically need minimum of 10 post..
ok
Anybody else in same situation ??

laxyana
Newly Registered

Post by laxyana » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:11 am

hi all i am also in a same problem from the same company

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:20 am

Amit Solutions are not licensed sponsors so what was the name of the company you were supposed work for.
If it was Amit then obviously anything in the way of a COS is completely false. If that is the case it should be reported to the Police as a fraud.
If there was an actual sponsor offering "jobs" then UKVI would take on the case. Remember that in reporting it to UKVI then you are in essence terminating any possibility of anything happening with any COS / application / visa that relied on Amit involvement.

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Amit Solutions are not licensed sponsors so what was the name of the company you were supposed work for.
If it was Amit then obviously anything in the way of a COS is completely false. If that is the case it should be reported to the Police as a fraud.
If there was an actual sponsor offering "jobs" then UKVI would take on the case. Remember that in reporting it to UKVI then you are in essence terminating any possibility of anything happening with any COS / application / visa that relied on Amit involvement.

Yeah guys it's a big fraud. I am sure they can't run away

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 pm

laxyana wrote:hi all i am also in a same problem from the same company
So what have you done??

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Amit Solutions are not licensed sponsors so what was the name of the company you were supposed work for.
Any body found solution for this ??

harrymsc
Newly Registered

Post by harrymsc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:55 pm

foolboy wrote:I think i have been scammed. i was offered a job as business development manager in a company.I filled the form passed a interview but the interview and the form fill was not done in the company it was different hired office where they call they do clerical work. I got COS from the company and i applied for tier 2 visa. Now the problem is that i found there are other people call them as a scammers. They said me they were in similar situation and when they called home office for they were told that the address you say was your old address can we confirm new address and your application is on process.
That means those scammers have our details and once we apply for the visa they write HO a letter giving the new address...It is because if HO reject the application on basis of bad quality COS applicant may not know about it.

I am in confusing situation the manager who took my interview does not pick up the phone.Oviously i paid some money for the agent for finding me the sponsor has disappeared. It's been 2 months i have applied for tier2 application.

Hi,

Could you please explain me the issue with details cause I am on the same boat. Just now I realized it. Please mail me to discuss about getting out of this issue, my email id is harry.info@gmail.com

foolboy
Newly Registered

Post by foolboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:20 am

harrymsc wrote:
foolboy wrote:I think i have been scammed. i was offered a job as business development manager in a company.I filled the form passed a interview but the interview and the form fill was not done in the company it was different hired office where they call they do clerical work. I got COS from the company and i applied for tier 2 visa. Now the problem is that i found there are other people call them as a scammers. They said me they were in similar situation and when they called home office for they were told that the address you say was your old address can we confirm new address and your application is on process.
That means those scammers have our details and once we apply for the visa they write HO a letter giving the new address...It is because if HO reject the application on basis of bad quality COS applicant may not know about it.

Hi,

What have you done so far??

Could you please explain me the issue with details cause I am on the same boat. Just now I realized it. Please mail me to discuss about getting out of this issue, my email id is harry.info@gmail.com