ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 switching employer rejected

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prashanthphp
Newly Registered

Tier 2 switching employer rejected

Post by prashanthphp » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi

I am currently on Tier 2 general sponsored by a company. I tried to change my employer but unfortunately it was rejected. So I sticked with the current employer who sponsored me first and they never cancelled my sponsorship. But today I got a letter from home office stating that I need to leave country now.

I checked with current employer about my COS status it's still active and is valid upto 2019.

I am worried how to proceed further?

Please kindly provide your valuable suggestions

Many thanks in advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 switching employer rejected

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:48 am

contact the issuer of the letter to ask why you have to leave? I think the letter was sent in error.
Also get your employer to do a Employer Checking Service request to confirm your right to work

prashanthphp
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 switching employer rejected + curtailment letter

Post by prashanthphp » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks @Frontier Mole for replying to my post.

Today I am confused as I'm getting mixed comments from solicitors.

1. some of them are saying that whenever you make an application it would cancel the initial COS. does this happen?
2.where as some are stating that rejecting the application states that it should not override my previous status

Please help me as I am very much worried.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:11 pm

1. Wrong. It has no effect on your existing visa.

2. Correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gokmev
Newly Registered

Post by gokmev » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering if there are any updates to your situation? I am about to apply for a Tier 2 to change jobs, and I am bit worried after seeing that refusal can cause some confusions.

Thanks

prashanthphp
Newly Registered

Post by prashanthphp » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi,
I had sent a letter for correcting the removal notice to HO. waiting for there response. I will let you guys once I receive any update from them

gokmev
Newly Registered

Post by gokmev » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Thanks prashanthphp, nice to hear that you are chasing this. I hope it will go as you wish and thanks for keeping us posted.

rchadha123

Post by rchadha123 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi Prashanthphp
Will you be able to share why your Tier 2 visa application got rejected?
Good luck and I hope this rejection does not impact your existing Tier 2 visa.
Thanks

prashanthphp
Newly Registered

Post by prashanthphp » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks

My visa was rejected due to RMLT

prashanthphp
Newly Registered

Post by prashanthphp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi,

Good news! Today I got an update from HO that they had removed the "removal notice" & my current leave is valid.

Hope this helps you guys.

Many thanks,
Prashanth

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi,

This is really good and also helpful news for others. Can you share little more information on this that will help others who may come across the same situation?

1) To whom you wrote the letter? The issuing address on the letter or Tier 2 department where you sent your postal application.

2) When they refused your visa, did they keep your passport and BRP or returned back to you? Also, did they mention anything like that you cannot work for your current employer on your refusal letter?

3) Did you apply Admin Review?

4) When you made change of employment application (which was unfortunately refused), you were aiming to change SOC code as well or you were in the same SOC just different employer?

It seems like that UKVI is sending removal notice in errors when refusing change of employment applications and quite a few members reported this. Your answers will help them dealing with this sort of case.

Thanks,
Hassan

gokmev
Newly Registered

Post by gokmev » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Great to hear that you have sorted this out and can continue to stay with your current visa mate!

I was also going to ask similar questions to hassanh above :)

Thanks!

prashanthphp
Newly Registered

Post by prashanthphp » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi guys,

Please find my reply

Hi,

This is really good and also helpful news for others. Can you share little more information on this that will help others who may come across the same situation?

1) To whom you wrote the letter? The issuing address on the letter or Tier 2 department where you sent your postal application. - "Judicial review management unit"

2) When they refused your visa, did they keep your passport and BRP or returned back to you? Also, did they mention anything like that you cannot work for your current employer on your refusal letter? - When my application was rejected, my passport and BRP were returned back to me. They never mentioned that I can't work for my current employer in my rejection letter.

3) Did you apply Admin Review? - NO

4) When you made change of employment application (which was unfortunately refused), you were aiming to change SOC code as well or you were in the same SOC just different employer? Yes I was trying to change my SOC code and employer as well

It seems like that UKVI is sending removal notice in errors when refusing change of employment applications and quite a few members reported this. Your answers will help them dealing with this sort of case.

Yes UKVI are sending standard letter to the one who haven't applied for AR. "Standard letter wording" was used in my response letter.

Hope this helps you guys

Thanks,
Prashanth

mastenfr
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by mastenfr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:51 am

prashanthphp wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:40 pm
Hi guys,

Please find my reply

Hi,

1) To whom you wrote the letter? The issuing address on the letter or Tier 2 department where you sent your postal application. - "Judicial review management unit"

2) When they refused your visa, did they keep your passport and BRP or returned back to you? Also, did they mention anything like that you cannot work for your current employer on your refusal letter? - When my application was rejected, my passport and BRP were returned back to me. They never mentioned that I can't work for my current employer in my rejection letter.

3) Did you apply Admin Review? - NO

4) When you made change of employment application (which was unfortunately refused), you were aiming to change SOC code as well or you were in the same SOC just different employer? Yes I was trying to change my SOC code and employer as well

Yes UKVI are sending standard letter to the one who haven't applied for AR. "Standard letter wording" was used in my response letter.

Hope this helps you guys

Thanks,
Prashanth
That was quite helpful, thanks! What was the "standard letter wording?" How many days did HO give you to leave?

sandtm
Newly Registered
India

Post by sandtm » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:17 am

Hi @prashanthphp

Thank you for sharing your experience and how you handled it. I'm in a similar situation right now.

Are you able to provide any link to the letter format sent to Judicial Review please?

Thank you,
sandtm

anilkk
Newly Registered
India

Post by anilkk » Tue May 22, 2018 8:11 am

Hi @prashanthphp,

I am in a similar situation to yours, but still waiting for the HO decision on the visa switch. My question here is, whether your first employer continuously ran the payroll while you waited for your visa decision?

Any information would me much appreciated.

Regards