ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa extension - traffic offenses

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

usernames_are_hard
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa extension - traffic offenses

Post by usernames_are_hard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:13 am

Hello everybody - I have a question relating to my pending Tier 2 visa extension.

When I first applied for my Tier 2 visa I declared that I had been given two speeding tickets in my home country - both very minor, just a fine, and don't show up on any permanent record at all - no record of these exists. Clearly, declaring these had no bearing on the approval of my visa.

When I applied to extend the visa, I didn't include these in the traffic offenses section, given that they do not show up on any record and did not result in any penalty beyond a fine. It wasn't until looking over my previous application that I even remembered them.

Now I am worried that it could affect my application if they cross-reference with the previous application - is there any way to contact UKVI to clarify this?

Thanks for any advice.

sabi27
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 visa extension - traffic offenses

Post by sabi27 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:19 pm

usernames_are_hard wrote:Hello everybody - I have a question relating to my pending Tier 2 visa extension.

When I first applied for my Tier 2 visa I declared that I had been given two speeding tickets in my home country - both very minor, just a fine, and don't show up on any permanent record at all - no record of these exists. Clearly, declaring these had no bearing on the approval of my visa.

When I applied to extend the visa, I didn't include these in the traffic offenses section, given that they do not show up on any record and did not result in any penalty beyond a fine. It wasn't until looking over my previous application that I even remembered them.

Now I am worried that it could affect my application if they cross-reference with the previous application - is there any way to contact UKVI to clarify this?

Thanks for any advice.
Hey,

I am no expert but I believe you would be fine. My reasoning behind this is:

1. These offenses were not in UK.
2. You had already informed UKVI about them in your previous application.
3. You are only human you are tend to forget things, it's hard to have exact same information for each application.
4. When you sign your declaration, the wording is to the best of your knowledge.

Stay positive and let's hope they won't hold you for this as you have previously informed them regarding these.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

3) Always keep copies of forms submitted plus scans/ copies of all supporting documents.
For ever.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

usernames_are_hard
Newly Registered

Post by usernames_are_hard » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:10 pm

For anyone who is interested - the application was approved - After realising my error I sent a cover letter along with my supporting docs, explaining that I had made an error in the form and declared the fine along with a letter from the police in my home country showing that the penalty had been paid. etc.