ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to tier 2 queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Santyroger
Newly Registered

Tier 4 to tier 2 queries

Post by Santyroger » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:02 am

Hi everyone,

I got a couple of queries regarding Tier 4 to tier 2 switch:

*I am currently doing a one year MSc course (2014-15) in London. My final piece of work i.e., individual project work will be on 3 Sep 2015. With this all my works related to my Masters program ends. The results will be published on Oct 3.
Meanwhile,I've already secured a job based on my previous work experience and my prospective employer is happy to sponsor me a tier 2 visa. So my question is , Can I apply for a tier 2 visa right after Sep 3 and start working? or Should I have to wait till Oct 3?

*Another question is my employer is willing to sponsor me a visa. But I haven't bought up the visa application fee ,which is £1,702
at present for the premium service. Is it advisable to ask my company to pay for that?

Kindly provide me some answers asap.

Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 to tier 2 queries

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:09 am

The Tier 2 sponsor can only issue a CoS for a Tier 2 application *in the UK* if you meet the exemption for the Resident Labour Market Test, which would only be if you have a UK degree.

If you already have a UK degree, you can apply anytime. If you do not, your sponsor will need to wait until you have successfully completed your current degree before they can issue the CoS.

See http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... xemptions/
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.