ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Dependent Visa extension;Husband now on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mabhang
Mood:
India

Tier2 Dependent Visa extension;Husband now on ILR

Post by mabhang » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Hello experts,

I need your advice once again!
I came to UK in August 2013 on Tier 2 Dependent Visa which is now up for renewal.
My husband got ILR last year through 5 year route.
I understand that I need not apply for ILR dependent and I can apply for Pbs dependent extension as my husband got ILR under the 5 year route. The discussion on post http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 16556.html helped me a lot to understand whats needs to be done.
I however have a few doubts for my case as follows -
1. Do we need a sponsorship letter for my visa application? My husband changed employer and the new employer is not A rated and cannot provide this.
2. How can I prove maintenance and what documents will we need to provide for this?
3. How many weeks in advance can we apply?

Please advice.

Many thanks!

Anuja Khatal

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 Dependent Visa extension;Husband now on ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:20 am

1. Do we need a sponsorship letter for my visa application? My husband changed employer and the new employer is not A rated and cannot provide this.
No
2. How can I prove maintenance and what documents will we need to provide for this?
You need to provide bank statements with the required amount held for the specified period.
3. How many weeks in advance can we apply?
At any time but it must be before your current visa expires. An extension will be granted for 3 years. You also have to pay the Immigration health surcharge of £600 plus the visa fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:39 am

Hi dear,

Thanks so much for clearing the doubts!
This is really helpful.

Just one more doubt, can I show bank statements of my account instead of my husband?

Regards,
Anuja Khatal

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:15 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:35 am

Hello members,

I need help understanding something. I recently made an application for Tier 2 dependent visa extension (Husband on ILR)
I think I made a mistake in the application when I choose "Tier 2 upto 3 years (Shortage of occupation)" :(
I thought it refers to the current situation but my husband always had Tier 2 General visa and not the shortage of occupation before he got ILR. I have paid £446. How can I notify the UKVI about my mistake and pay the remaining £231 (667-446).
Should I write a covering letter explaining my situation and give them a check with the application I am about to post?
Please help! :(

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 pm

i think you should hold fire and let UKVi contact u. They wont refuse the dependent visa application just cos of wrong fee.
IMO

mabhang
Mood:
India

Post by mabhang » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 am

Hi iworker,

That sounds really comforting!
I called the UKVI twice. Once the lady said I have to withdraw my application and I will loose the application fees and IHS will be refunded in 90 days!
Second time the guy told me that it doesn't matter as my husband now holds ILR and I should just mention this in the cover letter and there wont be any problem.
So I think you are right, I should just send the application and go with the flow.