ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer of Tier-2 (Intra-company transfer)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waiwai

Transfer of Tier-2 (Intra-company transfer)

Post by waiwai » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:48 pm

If I am on Tier-2 (Intra-company transfer) in the UK, can I look for another job and get the Tier-2 transferred ?

Or do I need to apply for Tier-1 before I can resign from current company and join the new company. Also do I have return to my home country, and then apply as my Tier-2 will be invalid as soon as I resign from my company (?).

harris_1980
Newly Registered

Re: Transfer of Tier-2 (Intra-company transfer)

Post by harris_1980 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:31 pm

waiwai wrote:If I am on Tier-2 (Intra-company transfer) in the UK, can I look for another job and get the Tier-2 transferred ?

Or do I need to apply for Tier-1 before I can resign from current company and join the new company. Also do I have return to my home country, and then apply as my Tier-2 will be invalid as soon as I resign from my company (?).
I am also in similar situation, Tier2-ict holder since Jan'09 intended to either (1) switch to Tier1-general or (2) look for job with different sponsor and get my tier-2 transferred.

Please help, cheers!