ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 year-cap rule, please help!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

linhnguyen94
Newly Registered

5 year-cap rule, please help!

Post by linhnguyen94 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:15 am

Hi there,

I got some troubles with my university and face to repeat without attendace. I have just finished my first year last June and therefore my course at Bsc degree will last for 4 years (2014 to 2018).

Before starting first year at Bsc degree in 2014, I studied HNC (higher national certificate) in 9/2013. Is the time for HNC counted in 5 year period? Can I study Master after 1 year in HNC and 4 year in Bsc degree?

Many thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: 5 year-cap rule, please help!

Post by sah10406 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:40 am

linhnguyen94 wrote:face to repeat without attendace
So you realise your visa will be curtailed shortly? As you are concerned about the 5-year cap for future studies, I advise you leave the UK as soon as possible, without waiting for formal notification of curtailment.
linhnguyen94 wrote:Is the time for HNC counted in 5 year period?
If it was degree level, yes. If not, no.
Can I study Master after 1 year in HNC and 4 year in Bsc degree?
It depends how many years in the UK studying at degree level you have behind you at that point. If the HNC was not degree level, and you are not in the UK for this academic year, you would only have 3 years behind you, and so you would have 2 years left under the cap.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.