ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years cap

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mdrifad
Newly Registered

5 years cap

Post by mdrifad » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:05 am

Hi guys
Please do comment if you can help.
I've finished my 3 years under graduation and want to apply for a 24 months with internship Mba program. I'm confused about the 5 years cap because with the 4 months extra time with this course will make my total staying in UK to 5 years and 4 months.
Is there any chance that ukba can refuse me for the extra time outside the course duration?

Thanks

MSKF

Re: 5 years cap

Post by MSKF » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Please refer to the latest TIER 4 Guidance document.

As far as I know, the extra months at the end of your course are not counted towards your cap. So the additional months spent at the end of degree or between the Bachelors and Masters are left out of the calculation. That should make your total to about 5 years max.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:56 am

mdrifad wrote:Is there any chance that ukba can refuse me for the extra time outside the course duration?
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:44 pm

all leave granted including the "wrap around time" before and after the course is now counted towards the limit however there is a concession in the guidance for caseworkers whereby you wil still be granted leave beyond the 5 (or 6 year limit of this applies) as long as you will be not be given more than 5 years 11 months leave and you will be studying at an HEI and to refuse you leave due to 5 year limit would prevent you from completing a 5th academic year.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:48 pm